Morning bassists!
Well, I've been thinking about getting an 8 string bass, but I already play a 6 string & I think I'd miss the B & C strings, so I was wondering if there is a 12 string bass, but with the B, E, A, D, G & C string with the octave strings to go with them, instead of a massive beast of a usual 12 string bass
If any exist, are there any that are relatively cheap?
Thanks!
Do 12 stringer players need HUGE hands? (I know it is a stupid question, but even 6 stringers are already "exotic" here...)
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
You don't need huge hands to play any bass. You do need to adapt your technique a bit for coursed bass instruments though.

On a related note, Fieldy's custom Ibanez 15 string bass (tuned AaaDddGggCccFff)

A good website overviewing a lot of coursed basses:

http://www.12stringbass.net/

There's a section (basses) listing different manufacturers and basses.
I've seen John-Paul Jones with an 18 string.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You don't need huge hands to play any bass. You do need to adapt your technique a bit for coursed bass instruments though.

On a related note, Fieldy's custom Ibanez 15 string bass (tuned AaaDddGggCccFff)

A good website overviewing a lot of coursed basses:

http://www.12stringbass.net/

There's a section (basses) listing different manufacturers and basses.

I feel the rush of GAS
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by gilly_90
I've seen John-Paul Jones with an 18 string.

This reminds me of something someone said a while back about the bass pretty much being like a piano...

Also, would that be a 6x3?
Quote by Halakar
This reminds me of something someone said a while back about the bass pretty much being like a piano...

Also, would that be a 6x3?

yeah
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by _-Joey-_
Well, I'm pretty sure that IF I can find one that I want, it won't come cheap at all

Or if its cheap, it won't be worth playing.

At my local shop there's a 8 string Rickenbacker I would die for. Alas, I have not 2500USD at my disposal.
Could get a luthier to build you a F#-B-E-A-D-G-C-F bass 8-string like Tyr from Borknagar.

I'm pretty sure that you can buy a 12-string Hamer Chaparral for only a few hundred, maybe $450? That's not 6 string like you want, though.
Quote by anarkee
Or if its cheap, it won't be worth playing.

At my local shop there's a 8 string Rickenbacker I would die for. Alas, I have not 2500USD at my disposal.

Rickenbacker make an 8 string ? I think I've just found my ideal guitar
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by Steve08
Could get a luthier to build you a F#-B-E-A-D-G-C-F bass 8-string like Tyr from Borknagar.

I'm pretty sure that you can buy a 12-string Hamer Chaparral for only a few hundred, maybe $450? That's not 6 string like you want, though.

the retail is about $600, but you can find plenty on ebay for around $200
Quote by wouldyakindly
Rickenbacker make an 8 string ? I think I've just found my ideal guitar

That Ric is awesome. I played it through a Mesa Boogie set up and just about died in complete and utter happiness.