I'm thinking of buying this Fender strat. I dont know the finish is like brown fading to black pinstripes. has a killswitch

It's $900. The most hated UG'er JacobTheMe? said im supsposed to make a crappy guitar sound good to be good or something like that

I can get a job and work for it.
But I was only playing about a year. is it too much of an upgrade?
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
its your money.personally i dont believe in upgrading until your ear has developed enough to tell that your current gear is crap but at the end of the day its your decision
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I think it will be fine, its always nice to learn (more) on a better guitar, try to play it first if you havent, sounds like a pretty cool guitar Good luck.
Too much of an upgrade term doesn't exist, it just means your guitar'd do you well for an even longer time. Killswitch just kill's your guitar signal literally with the push of a button, it sliences everything. I say that if you don't know what it is, you probably don't need it.

Where did you see this strat?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by Eggmond
its your money.personally i dont believe in upgrading until your ear has developed enough to tell that your current gear is crap but at the end of the day its your decision

I think it'd help if you play on the upgrade then back to the older guitar and you'd realize it a lot easier
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
But I was only playing about a year. is it too much of an upgrade?

I don't think there is such a thing as too much of an upgrade...

If it's a good upgrade for a good guitar player, then it is also a good upgrade for anyone.

If you like the guitar, get it. Who cares what anyone else things about "how good" you are. That's not what it's about...

I think what that guy was trying to say is...Many people get disgusted by newbie players getting great gear cuz their mommies bought it for them. Then they quit cuz they suck at playing.

If you've been playing for a year and have not given it up, then I say you definately qualify for a good guitar. (but you definately have every right to get it either way)

Enjoy it.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by wair138

Where did you see this strat?

Local guitar store
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
upgrade to a good guitar once. and then just take care of that forever.(or at least something way cooler comes around.)
I don't think there's really such thing as too much an upgrade, as long as you know what you're getting into (mainting floyd roses, for example) and will cherish the guitar for a long time. So if you like it and can afford it, definitely go for it.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.