Page 1 of 4
One of the vain vices of a lot of women are their nails. We can spend anywhere from $10 to $40 every couple of weeks maintaining our nails (those who go to salons, that is) and even going as far as having "art" on them.

I'm not sure why other women have this done and I would love to have the opinion of the ladies here in the Pit. I personally do my nails because I think it looks pretty and it's fun when I'm bored. Do others do it for the same reason? Is it a way to pamper themselves or an intrument for flirting?

The real question is for men. Do you find painted nails attractive? Does it give a hidden message ("This girl takes care of herself" or "she's high maintaince)? Do you even notice? Or do you prefer bare, clean nails?

Here's some pictures of nail arts. Tbh, I find long claw-like fully painted nails rather...creepy.

Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
That last one is disgusting, tbh.

EDIT: Not that the others are much better. Clean nails all the way.
None of them look nice. And anyway, I don't see why women care, seeing as the last place any man is going to look at is the fingernails.
It's stupid.

And I try not to judge people by looks, so no, it doesn't give me any message other then "I have nothing to do, so I'm going to make my nails look like a paint can threw up on them".

The first photo is fine, that's good.

The others are just stupid.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Aug 10, 2009,
i think if your gonna waste time and money on drawing on your fingernaisl you need a swift kick in the ass
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
I don't really care about nails, but the french tip looks nice.

Anything more elaborate is just unnecessary.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I'm surprised not even the french manicure (first photo) even is considered attractive so far.

EDIT

Not even just regular painted nails?
Quote by Jackal58
Women have subconscious notion that men have a fetish for every single body part. Next thing you know, some genius is going to invent heel make-up.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by kikaykitko
I'm surprised not even the french manicure (first photo) even is considered attractive so far.

see post directly above yours
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I really don't see the point. Fingernails don't interest me
i find female guitarists attractive, and seeing these nails on a chick means she prolly don't play guitar. so, no, i don't like them.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by MightyAl
TBH, all pics apart from that first one make me think "what a f*cking weirdo".

If I found other pictures, like less gaudy ones, would you still think the same?
Quote by Jackal58
I don't mind nails that are just painted a single color. But the whole fancy artwork thing looks trashy to me. I also don't like really long nails. Anything much longer than the tip of the finger isn't very attractive looking to me.

I'm perfectly fine with short unpainted nails. Now if the girl bites them a lot and they look ragged or something that is a bit disgusting. But other than that normal nails are fine.

But if I had to pick anything I'd take unpainted nails that aren't very long. But like I said they need to be neat looking. Not ragged or anything like that.
I dislike particularly long nails. They are creepy.
I dislike overally painted nails, that have clearly taken a long time to do. This suggests that the woman is possibly self obsessed and vain.
I don't mind if the nails are just varnished or lightly painted. This can look pretty and suggests the girl does care what she looks like but not to the point she'll ignore everything else.

My gf rarely does her nails, but occasionally varnishes them, I like the shine.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

I, for one, find elaborate nails to be pointless and unattractive. Painted nails are OK if it looks good on you, and if it's only a solid colour.

Long nails are hideous.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at Aug 10, 2009,
As long as they aren't to long I don't care. I mean they are finger nails for christ sake.
I thought you killed yourself, TS...glad you didn't though!

Anyway, the first ones are nice, and nails painted just a single color can be nice too. I don't think they're too important though, and nails are probably one of the last things I notice on a girl unless they're painted very gaudily or totally bitten down or something. If you're going to spend that much time and money on it, it probably isn't worth it.
kill all humans
Ugly, pointless. I don't mind nailpolish as long as it is well-kept. I think girls with underkept nails (say half of the polish is cracked off) are just abysmal, it shows that they are irresponsible to the fact that they can't even care for something small like nails.

As for nail art, "ugly, pointless."
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Its nice, but I do not give too much attention into it.

Tho, when nails are too long its like ewwwwww.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Quote by kikaykitko
If I found other pictures, like less gaudy ones, would you still think the same?

Possibly.
I mean, I'd prefer a girl just to have clean, tidy nails than to have a whole bunch of sh*t glued on to them.
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
I think that girls paint their nails for attention from other girls.

Just my theory.

Girls don't spend forever getting dressed and ready for boys, they do it for other girls.

That's just my theory.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
its a waste of time IMO

I mean I dont mind a girl with painted nails, but it looks really weird if they go over the top with it
Quote by Old Vendetta\m/
I think that girls paint their nails for attention from other girls.

Just my theory.

It's true, girls use that to sort of have the alpha-bitch type thing going. At least that's my experience, one girl has to lead the pack and that's basically what happens, they're there to show who's boss.

Now to not think in a voice of a documentary voice-over

You know, I don't care. If a girl wants to get all fancy and get them painted a bunch of different colors with designs, that's cool. I'll say they're pretty and she'll smile. I don't mind unpainted ones, biting them is fine with me, just make sure they don't scratch me (too hard) or get too long.
Women with stuff on their nails look ****ing creepy. I'm sorry but you do. And everyone thinks so, they just don't particularly want to tell you.

eww
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
The first one wasn't bad and I don't mind just a solid color, but long nails to me are a huge turnoff, they remind me of claws...
Waste of money, IMO. Painted a solid color is fine but I hate long nails and when they have designs or multiple colors it looks trashy.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by kikaykitko
I'm not sure why other women have this done and I would love to have the opinion of the ladies here in the Pit.

I can't stand fake nails or nail art like that! I actually think it looks terrible.
I let someone do my nails before and i found it really uncomfortable...and really difficult to play the bass
The most I've ever done is paint my nails with a clear varnish just because they look nice and shiney

I've never been the sort of girl that spends alot of time or money on little things like that.
A bit of makeup, a nice dress and that's me sorted

Plus, I wouldn't have the patience to do my own nails like that and more important things to spend my money on.
I don't really care what color her fingernails are. Unless they're really disgusting, like those photos....................
i paint my nails but only in single colour. i don't do it to impress anybody but just becasue i like it. i also have to have them short for guitar. if anything, i find learning the guitar easier because i can see where to put my fingers based on what nail polish colour they are (i know, its wierd) anyway, i dont understand the people who pay so much money to have thier nails done so elaboratly with pattern becasue they dont last long and they get in the way- anyway, each to thier own
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
Page 1 of 4