for a weekend against my Dad's will (parents are divorced) can they legally take action against me for running away or anything even though I'm not a minor? I would leave for college 3 days after I got back so being kicked out isn't a issue.

Can they legally do anything about it?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
i believe you have to be missing for 72 hours before they can call it a missing person (from the cops point of view)

and youre 19...... so no, i really dont think they could.

BUT BUT BUT!!

if youre in the US you should know you can be considered a minor until youre 23.

i think youre fine dude.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by tancanada
Your 19, you can legally do anything you want.

yup. legally, there is nothing they can do. they can't even refuse to pay for your education, because as far as I know your parents have to pay for you first extended education if it is within their means.
If you don't tell them where you're going ,and they fear you have run away, they will do like any missing person and inform the police. Dunno bout in America though, i'm english
Running away seems a little...Childish though. Unless you mean 'going to a friends to get away'
Quote by shattamakar
Just because i like the taste of semen...It doesnt necessarily mean you would like it too..

...Music is like that.
no you're fine. but also legally, they dont have to let back into the house. and if they're the ones paying for collge, dont do something that would piss them off.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
asky mom,
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
if theyre paying for your school, i'd watch yourself. otherwise, at 19, as long as he understands that you're not kidnapped there isnt anything he can do.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yup. legally, there is nothing they can do. they can't even refuse to pay for your education, because as far as I know your parents have to pay for you first extended education if it is within their means.

False.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
I AM a minor and if I'm away for the weekend my mum probably won't find out til I'm gone and she can't legally stop me as far as I know (not that she would like.)

So I'm pretty sure you're safe, unless you're your dad's bitch you should be fine
I'm going up to ball state (a college for those not familiar) to see a friend I won't see for a long time for our colleges being far apart.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
i believe that a minor is someone under 21. But your an adult now, you just can't drink alcohol (legally).

As has been said, since probably legally can't do anything agianst you, they also legally don't have to let you into the house.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by wizards?
You're 19, you're a big boy now. Do whatever the hell you want, but don't drink the milk straight from the bottle, your mom will know if you're doing it.

true, wtf....it's really the weirdest questions i've read
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Quote by Kevy Absolution
False.

oops.

well I know for sure it's that way here in germany, so yay for us then?
Yeah, you can go. They can't force you to do anything legally, but like others say, if they're paying for college...
What are you even doing living at home when you're 19? I'm out of here soon as I'm 16.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
What are you even doing living at home when you're 19? I'm out of here soon as I'm 16.

Good luck with that
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
Good luck with that

thanks. I'm not some drop out, I'm going to uni.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
If you support yourself financially, go for it. If they pay for anything it won't be worth it. If you drive a car that you don't technically own he/they can report it stolen.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by jgbsmith

I know college grads who live with their parents out of financial necessity. It's really not that uncommon.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
this question doesnt need to be answered this much

you are no longer a minor. you are an official adult, you can do whatever you want

but at the same time, because you are no longer a child they have no legal obligation to care for you anymore. they COULD kick you out, and refuse to pay for college.

if your still going to live with you parents at 19, have some respect. dont pull the IM AN ADULT!! card unless you can actualy handle things on your own.

edit:
Quote by jgbsmith

easier said than done mate... im just about 19 now and im JUST NOW finally able to get out of the house, and im still gonna have to work my ass off to be able to just live. so ya
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Last edited by EvilMonkeySG3 at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by jgbsmith

If you think you can even get a decent job, let alone support yourself, at 16, (especially in this economy) you are gravely misguided.
Quote by EvilMonkeySG3
this question doesnt need to be answered this much

*answers question*

Lawl

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Lawl

i was just makeing a point!!
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
has anyone else read what the kid's asking? he's gunna go visit his friend's college before they go separate for a while...

dude just tell your dad that's where you're going... and if he says no, go anyway... you're going off to college shortly there after and something like that is less likely to piss him off than completely disappearing.