Hi, I play bass in an alternative rock band called Wonka. We just finished recording for our new EP at Wellspring Studio in Acton, and we're going in to mix soon. We recently put up a bunch of promos and the rough mixes of some songs that will appear on the EP.

Check us out here

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder
I know another racially insensitive scientific term. "Dark matter." Science, please! Dark people do matter!

Quote by InvaderTSN
What is this.....sarcasm? Some form of french toast?
Hey! I've heard of you guys already. Do you remember The Cryptkeepers? I saw a comment you made on The Cryptkeepers Myspace and checked you out. It was good.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
Hey! I've heard of you guys already. Do you remember The Cryptkeepers? I saw a comment you made on The Cryptkeepers Myspace and checked you out. It was good.

No way! How do you know Cryptkeepers? They're certainly teh br00talz, we go to the same high school so we saw a lot of eachother. Now their guitarist is going to UMass Lowell, same as our frontman.

In either case, I'm glad you checked us out. Check back on the page around the 15th or 16th, we should have the final mixes of the songs off our EP up by then.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder
I know another racially insensitive scientific term. "Dark matter." Science, please! Dark people do matter!

Quote by InvaderTSN
We just put up the final mixes of the songs that will appear on the EP HERE , if anyone is interested.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by TheFallen1328
No way! How do you know Cryptkeepers? They're certainly teh br00talz, we go to the same high school so we saw a lot of eachother. Now their guitarist is going to UMass Lowell, same as our frontman.

Their drummer is my cousin. I was talking to him about a year ago and found out he had started a comedy metal band, which was hilarious because I had started one too (Pit O' Bodies, check us out) at around the same time without knowing about his. I just saw him yesterday and talked about The Crypt Keepers, and found out that the guitarist is going UMass Lowell. The drummer however is going to Temple U in Philly, so that means The Crypt Keepers may come to an end, which would be a shame.

Anyway, I checked out the new songs from your EP. Musically, they were good. I especially liked Colors Of October. I think your vocalist needs to work on his singing though. He just didn't sound like he was trying very hard.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Aug 19, 2009,
Haha, no ****. Yeah, Alec's gotta be on of the funniest guys I know. And thanks, we'll definitely take that into consideration. We're going through the same issue actually, even though Nate's only in Lowell. Anyway, thanks for checking us out, I'll do the same for Pit O' Bodies, I have the feeling our drummer will love it. Tell Alec that Joey said hi if you talk to him.

As far as the future of this band goes, if we do carry on, we're working on some new tunes, and we should probably be going to record a full-length by spring or summer.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
really enjoyed the foo fighters cover, it was all really well done. your vocalist is slowly growing on me i think. didnt like the vocals much at first but its getting better. its awesome how you guys are all pretty much family though. nice work (oh and the music on nights lights and dragonflies is sweet)

crit my band? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186499
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Quote by MattsRichardson
really enjoyed the foo fighters cover, it was all really well done. your vocalist is slowly growing on me i think. didnt like the vocals much at first but its getting better. its awesome how you guys are all pretty much family though. nice work (oh and the music on nights lights and dragonflies is sweet)

crit my band? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186499

Thanks man Yeah, a lot of people have told us that his voice grows on you after a while. I've been with these guys for two years, so I guess I never noticed. The family connection does give us a sort of bond, and seeing as we all know eachother so well, it's easier to play together. Hell, I'm the only member who isn't blood related and I feel like family. And I shall be off to crit your band
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Well first of all, imo, you guys should put distortion on your guitars, it would sound great with it. If you already have it on your guitars, you need more. Crank that gain!

Singer needs a little bit of work, but i did like the energy in the vocals for the pretender.
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Quote by Bitches nBagels
Well first of all, imo, you guys should put distortion on your guitars, it would sound great with it. If you already have it on your guitars, you need more. Crank that gain!

Singer needs a little bit of work, but i did like the energy in the vocals for the pretender.

Thanks, we'll put that into consideration as well. Our guitarists are rather fond of just a little crunch, but I they've been messing with a little distortion lately.

Also, we've got a bunch of new live pics and promos up, and an online store, in addition to the new EP in it's entirety streaming here .
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Wolf Dog Moon
I checked out your myspace page and songs. Keep rocking fellas!

Thanks!

We should have some videos up from recent live shows in the near future, and possibly a music video coming up. Also, as you might have heard, our frontman Nate is now attending UMass Lowell, and there was some doubt as to whether he will continue in the band. It would seem that Nate will continue to play in Wonka
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Well that's good news. Wouldn't want a good band good band to die out over something silly like college...

I'm not sure if I friended you on MySpace yet, but if I haven't, I'm going to.

Quote by pitobodies
Well that's good news. Wouldn't want a good band good band to die out over something silly like college...

I'm not sure if I friended you on MySpace yet, but if I haven't, I'm going to.

Why thank you sir, glad you feel that way And I'm almost certain that you did, if you haven't already checked.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Darkflame
you guys sound great, i've been thinking about playing shows around north america for a while, i'll ask you to play a gig with us if we ever come to massachussets =) if you want of course haha

Thank you! We'd be delighted of course I checked out your band Elden - awesome stuff, people around here would definitely take a liking to you.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Hey guys, we just put up some new live pics from our most recent show on our myspace! Check 'em out:

www.myspace.com/wonkatheband
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Hey, for anyone in the Massachusetts area, we'll be playing Creagerfest on October 24th in Pepperell. Come check us out!
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Hey guys, there'll will be big news regarding the band come sunday, I'll be sure to post as soon as possible.
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Hey guys, it would seem that due to a general lack of communication and opportunity, Wonka will be going on an indefinite hiatus. We'll be playing one or two more gigs in the coming months, and calling it quits. Thanks for all the support you've given us.

- Joey
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
Here's the full explanation regarding the decision, taken from our myspace blog:

Hey guys,

Firstly, we'd like to thank all of you for the support you've given us over the last few years; it's been a great ride. It is with some sadness that I have to announce that Wonka will be going on an indefinite hiatus. As you may know, our frontman Nate Manalo is attending college, and it's becoming increasingly difficult for him to be commited to the band, as it is for the rest of us nowadays. So, we decided that Wonka just isn't Wonka without Nate, and that we'd rather burn out than fade away. Now, like most things regarding this band, nothing is etched in stone; if we can and our hearts are in it, there would be nothing stopping us from playing together in the future. But for now, this is the best possible option for us. There are no hard feelings amongst any member, and Wonka will always be a family.
We'll be playing one or two more shows in the next few months, so we hope that you'll come out and support us and have a good time one more time (BANDS, IF YOU HAVE ANY OPEN SLOTS ON YOUR SHOWS, LET US KNOW, WE'D BE HAPPY TO PLAY THEM), this way we go out on a good note. Be sure to check out whatever future musical endeavours we undergo, which are sure to be numerous and great. We've got EP's and posters still too, so if you want one, just let us know.

Thanks so much everybody! Much love,

Joey Dussault, bassist and brother, Wonka
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN
To you guys who care and aren't local, we have the EP for sale digitally, here:

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/wonka

also, we may have the EP on itunes in the coming weeks. We should have a bunch of live videos up soon too, so check em out at

www.myspace.com/wonkatheband

finally, please continue to critique us guys, at least so we can take it into consideration for our last shows
EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!

Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by InvaderTSN