I was checking out some new guitar gear at a local guitar shop and came across a Peavey Vypyr 120, personally I was blown away with all the effects which it had on it (they didn't sound half bad either) as well as the tone which was amazing for the price. My question is if I should get this amp im using now (which I paid around the same price for ~$800) which is a Marshall MG100HDFX or try this new Peavey? I've always wanted a tube amp to have my pedals really dig into, but at 800 bucks im wondering if I should just keep saving for a real tube amp (Marshall JCM2000 comes to mind)

Im generally an all-around player but when it comes down to it I play mostly classic rock with some metal tossed here and there, playing with Gibson Les Paul Studio with an Ibanez Tube Screamer and Ibanez Weeping Demon, ~ 3 years playing experience.

Thanks.
i heard the vypyr doesn't take pedals really well. you can look into used 5150 or triple x or a jsx for roughly the same price( 500-800ish)
You could get a nice used tube combo for $800, get looking, I don't know US prices, and look at JCM 800/900/2000's