I'm looking for a dual rectifier type sound, a good hard rock sound that can be boosted if nessisary. I've been offered a Revolution+ instead, are these good amps?

I've never played one, but from the clips I've seen it sounds similar to the dual rectifier only a little heavier.

I'm looking for a tone similar to what http://www.myspace.com/heislegend uses. A hard aggressive rock tone, but still holds clarity that most metal amps do not.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Play one first to be sure, but from my experience they sound incredibly brittle. By this I mean they have a lot of treble and not much bass. They don't really have the warm tube sound, but they sound kind of weak in my opinion. Your Marshall should be able to accomplish the tone you want; what don't you like about it?
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by chuckmehh
Play one first to be sure, but from my experience they sound incredibly brittle. By this I mean they have a lot of treble and not much bass. They don't really have the warm tube sound, but they sound kind of weak in my opinion. Your Marshall should be able to accomplish the tone you want; what don't you like about it?

The thing about JCM 800s is that some of them were made GREAT, and some were made.. OK

Marshall was not very consistent when they were making them, mine's ok
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Yes and no.

It most certainly does not sound like a Mesa. If anything it's more in the vain of a 5150, but with a much different top end sound.

My bandmate has one, it is very good, but there are some things you should be aware. A lot of Kranks are known to break, and he has already spent over 300 dollars just to fix the many problems with it (bought new), and the footswitch is now cutting out for some reason. Some people swear they make perfect quality amps, but i've heard enough stories to know otherwise.

That being said, they do sound quite unique, i think the best recordings to really describe their tone is on Arch Enemy's "Doomsday Machine". It has this kind of grainy top end that actually goes really well with EMG's. The bottoms are good, but are so tight they dont exactly feel like they shake you. Lots of gain, low noise, can gig without a noise gate unlike my Rockerverb, FX loop, decent clean channel. Solid amp, but it's no Dual Rec. Hope that helped.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412