What should I be looking for in a recording computer? Please give any suggestions. And what are so special about Mac's? I've compared them to Windows computers only to find out they have the same specs as a Windows comp that is 1/3 of the Mac's price. I could be missing something, but I dunno.
i just bought a new macbook pro and LOVE it, switched from a PC, and as of right now, unless i find a glaring problem down the road ill NEVER switch back to PC. but they do come with garage band, and the mic thats built in sounds pretty good, if i could just figure out how to use garageband a little better id be all set!
Macs are great, but Windows are awesome for recording now too, contrary to what many will say. Dont follow the hype. Just get a decent computer with lots of memory and hard drive space, and get a decent recording program like Cakewalk or Reaper and youre set.
Quote by SunDrop
i just bought a new macbook pro and LOVE it, switched from a PC, and as of right now, unless i find a glaring problem down the road ill NEVER switch back to PC. but they do come with garage band, and the mic thats built in sounds pretty good, if i could just figure out how to use garageband a little better id be all set!

You'll never switch back to PC because unless you're filthy stinking rich you've just blown all your money.
Firewire port is a necessity. Don't mess with that USB garbage.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.