Hey guys. I acquired a PRS CE 22 and let me tell you, it is AWESOME! Mahogany body with a maple top and a bolt on maple neck. Best part is I got it for $700!!! It blows my Gibson flying V out of the water.

Anyway, It has some old strings on it and I need to change them. I need something just a TAD bit heavier on top cause I mostly play in drop D. This is my first guitar with any type of tremolo on it. This trem seems to be quite tame compared to a floyd or something. Will I need to adjust it at all if I go up on the string gauge just a hair. Also, any tips would be good. I know to change em one at a time and thats about it.
probably just a little tweek in the back. its worse when you go to lighter gauges
As long as the trem isn't lifted when you put on the new strings you don't need to make any adjustments, which will likely be the case since you're just going down to drop D. It's a vintage style trem so it likely isn't floating.

Because of the locking tuners, I swap out the .046 on the low bass string for a .052 whenever I want to play in Drop D and don't have to make any adjustments.
Quote by T!AN
As long as the trem isn't lifted when you put on the new strings you don't need to make any adjustments, which will likely be the case since you're just going down to drop D. It's a vintage style trem so it likely isn't floating.

Because of the locking tuners, I swap out the .046 on the low bass string for a .052 whenever I want to play in Drop D and don't have to make any adjustments.

Yeah man when I got into it last night it realised it wasn't as crazy as I thought. Thanks for the help. And kudo's on your CE. I think they are awesome guitars.
Quote by T!AN
It's a vintage style trem so it likely isn't floating.

In fact it is floating. Any change in the string gauge is going to require an adjustment of the springs. That being said, it's quite easy to do.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1