I have a Fender Strat Tom DeLonge edition. I was a dumb kid who made his parents spend like $600 for it. The guitar is in perfect shape and I figure I'll put some work into it. I took the pickguard off once and there were slots for the regular strat set up. There is also only a volume knob, nothing else. I need some advice on which pickups to buy and if there is a package deal where i can get the tone and volume knobs. THANKS!
Quote by d.t.maldonado
I have a Fender Strat Tom DeLonge edition. I was a dumb kid who made his parents spend like $600 for it. The guitar is in perfect shape and I figure I'll put some work into it. I took the pickguard off once and there were slots for the regular strat set up. There is also only a volume knob, nothing else. I need some advice on which pickups to buy and if there is a package deal where i can get the tone and volume knobs. THANKS!

I hate people like you I had to scrape every little bit of money I got to buy a guitar

Just get a set of standard Fender Pups
To recommend pickups, there's a bit more info needed. What style do you play? What tone are you looking for with this guitar? Most importantly, what amp do you use?

As for pots, etc., Stewmac sells wiring kits that have everything in one bag. They're not wired, but it's everything you'll need.

Alternatively, you could buy a pre-wired pickguard, although those aren't as customizable.

I'd suggest Texas Specials. I have some in my MIM, they're wicked.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by pwrmax

It's just expensive. EMG's forte is in humbuckers. Those are good, but you can do better for the money. I'd rather get some nice duncan rails/stacked singles or van zandt pickups. the latter is very good.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Any clue on where I can check out the duncan rails/stacked singles or texas specials?

I'm going to be using this for just playing around. I play around with DMB, some older stuff like Stevie Ray, I'll prob just use my little Marshall amp that I've had with it.

I'm not looking to go all out with this, something affordable you know?

bv310, whats your MIM? are you selling some?

As for you Capt_Clarkson, sorry you couldn't get your guitar like I did, although yours is probably a lot sweeter then mine.

Thanks for all the help, hope I can get this together sometime soon.
MIM means Made In Mexico. It's the acronym for made in mexico fenders. Can't think of any guitars that come stock with duncan hot rails or texas specials.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
No, the guy before me added them in (his tech did a piss-poor job, incidentally)

The Fender SRV sig has Texas Specials, as well as the Texas Strat.

Also, I found this youtube vid that may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJVxLELiCo

As for the Duncans, I think Schecter may use them in some of their higher-end models.

It would be crap to try a schecter to try out a pickup for a strat. They have mahogany bodies mostly. TS, take my word for it. They're good. Like an in between single coil and humbucker tone, but while still retaining some of the twang of a single coil.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
True, but at least it'd give him a very rough idea of the tone from it.