Page 1 of 2
whats a better guitar for hard rock and metal an epiphone les paul standard or epiphone les paul custom?????????????
Quote by willT08
An Ibanez RG series.

+1, but not those with an Edge III.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
+1, but not those with an Edge III.

Used RG550
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by KoenDercksen
You should not really get an Epiphone if you want to play metal...

I guess you've never heard of the Epiphone Prophecy range? Really great guitars for metal
Quote by willT08
An Ibanez RG series.

the only left handed model is an entry level one

oh sorry im left handed
Quote by Archieisted
the only left handed model is an entry level one

oh sorry im left handed

Save up a little and get this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75281

you wont be disappointed
not sure if they do a left handed model though

just do what I did, I am left handed but play right handed
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Save up a little and get this

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75281

you wont be disappointed
not sure if they do a left handed model though

just do what I did, I am left handed but play right handed

that really doesnt help
1st ive already started playing left handed and secound i chose not to do right handed cos i tried and i really cant, im whats called a true lefty and it sucks
Quote by Archieisted
that really doesnt help
1st ive already started playing left handed and secound i chose not to do right handed cos i tried and i really cant, im whats called a true lefty and it sucks

dude it just takes time, I started playing with my left handed as well but decided it would work out better if I played right handed, sure I had to re-learn EVERYTHING but I still think it was worth it, the guitars are cheaper to buy and they are easier to find...

sorry if I couldn't help man
epiphone les pauls standard/custom are exactly the same, with the exception of the inlays, and maybe a dingbat here and there
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
epiphone les pauls standard/custom are exactly the same, with the exception of the inlays, and maybe a dingbat here and there

thanks finally an answer to my question, shows how much gibson and epiphone annoy, they can 2 guitars which are the same and not try and lower their prices and make more lefthanded guitars
Quote by Archieisted
thanks finally an answer to my question, shows how much gibson and epiphone annoy, they can 2 guitars which are the same and not try and lower their prices and make more lefthanded guitars

I guess they saw Hendrix playing a right handed guitar upside down and though "Hey, if he can do it, any lefty can!"
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
no not any lefty can, its a pain in the arse and why should i have to sufffer cos i happen to use a different side of my brain?

i swear ppl on this website treat us leftys as if its our fault
Quote by Archieisted
no not any lefty can, its a pain in the arse and why should i have to sufffer cos i happen to use a different side of my brain?

i swear ppl on this website treat us leftys as if its our fault

You do know I was being ironic right?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
You do know I was being sarcastic right?

fixed
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
fixed

what the difference?
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
what the difference?

Ironic and sarcastic mean different things. Ironic is when something happens that nobody expects. Sarcastic is when you say something and mean the opposite.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
Ironic and sarcastic mean different things. Ironic is when something happens that nobody expects. Sarcastic is when you say something and mean the opposite.

oh. in Brasil they both mean the same thing. oh well..

/end of discussion about irony/sarcasm
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by apak

this
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I am left handed and play a right handed guitar...

Us lefties do have a choice, it's all in how you learn.

But to be helpful, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard and Les Paul Custom are virtually the same guitar, spare some cosmetic changes. It's up to you as to whether those changes are worth the extra cash.
Strats & Seagulls
The Epi LP Standard and LP Custom are exactly the same, only the Custom costs more for it's special finishes. That's all.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Guitars with EMGs (active EMGs are better) are the best for metal, so the sensible option is getting an ESP. If you're desperate for a les paul-esque hollow-body tone and you can't afford a high price ESP, get a mid-priced Epiphone and EMGs put on it. (Don't be tempted to buy the Zakk Wylde guitar though, it's s**t lol). But I'd advise you get an ESP (or if you feel flush; a high-end PRS).

I'm sure most people will tell you that your guitar body only accounts for about 15% of your sound; the rest is what pick-ups, what amp and even what pick you use amongst other things.

So try before you buy.
Quote by Ripper1
Guitars with EMGs (active EMGs are better) are the best for metal, so the sensible option is getting an ESP. If you're desperate for a les paul-esque hollow-body tone and you can't afford a high price ESP, get a mid-priced Epiphone and EMGs put on it. (Don't be tempted to buy the Zakk Wylde guitar though, it's s**t lol). But I'd advise you get an ESP (or if you feel flush; a high-end PRS).

I'm sure most people will tell you that your guitar body only accounts for about 15% of your sound; the rest is what pick-ups, what amp and even what pick you use amongst other things.

So try before you buy.

Oh you silly ESP people...so funny.

Anywho- Active EMGs are the EMGs to purchase, but they aren't necessarily the best for metal. There is no "best" for metal- its all preference. You don't need active pups for metal either...that is a popular misconception. My Jackson Soloist has 2 Seymour Duncan pups in it- a JB and a 59' and neither are active...and it can shred and wail with the best of em.
A Les Paul style guitar can get heavy sounding, but you'll probably need to closely examine the pups (I doubt the stock ones will deliver the sound you want) and the amp that you're using. Any guitar will sound "metal" on a Marshall JCM 800 head.

A good pair of active pups are the Seymour Duncan Blackouts (if you're seeking an active pickup that is) and they are an alternative to the usual one-trick pony EMG 81/85s.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
Oh you silly ESP people...so funny.

Anywho- Active EMGs are the EMGs to purchase, but they aren't necessarily the best for metal. There is no "best" for metal- its all preference. You don't need active pups for metal either...that is a popular misconception. My Jackson Soloist has 2 Seymour Duncan pups in it- a JB and a 59' and neither are active...and it can shred and wail with the best of em.
A Les Paul style guitar can get heavy sounding, but you'll probably need to closely examine the pups (I doubt the stock ones will deliver the sound you want) and the amp that you're using. Any guitar will sound "metal" on a Marshall JCM 800 head.

A good pair of active pups are the Seymour Duncan Blackouts (if you're seeking an active pickup that is) and they are an alternative to the usual one-trick pony EMG 81/85s.

Lol I agree that there is no "best" guitar and if you read my post properly you would have seen that I said that your "sound" is made up of many things such as guitar type, amp, pick etc.

Also I recommended a high-end PRS (so how does that make me a "silly ESP" person), and high-end PRS's come with Seymour Duncans (non active btw) as standard.
I only recommended an ESP with Active EMGs if money was an issue as an ESP (or any other guitar) with EMGs are the best option for the least amount of money.
So there was no need to mock my suggestions, only for you to give pretty much the same advice, other than for your own ego. So let me help you there:

YOU ARE A GENIUS AND I LOVE YOU!!!
Quote by Ripper1
Lol I agree that there is no "best" guitar and if you read my post properly you would have seen that I said that your "sound" is made up of many things such as guitar type, amp, pick etc.

Also I recommended a high-end PRS (so how does that make me a "silly ESP" person), and high-end PRS's come with Seymour Duncans (non active btw) as standard.
I only recommended an ESP with Active EMGs if money was an issue as an ESP (or any other guitar) with EMGs are the best option for the least amount of money.
So there was no need to mock my suggestions, only for you to give pretty much the same advice, other than for your own ego. So let me help you there:

YOU ARE A GENIUS AND I LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks for the ego stroking...I feel complete now-

You shoulda mentioned best for the value! that changes the whole tone of your post!!

I agree that the emgs are good value for the money, but check out the blackouts too

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Last edited by Richmanofaction at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by Richmanofaction
Thanks for the ego stroking...I feel complete now-

You shoulda mentioned best for the value! that changes the whole tone of your post!!

I agree that the emgs are good value for the money, but check out the blackouts too

Lol anytime with the ego stroking. Yeah my post should have been clearer but it's been a hard day.... and it's about 1:10 in the morning where I am so I'm a bit tired lol
Quote by Ripper1
Lol anytime with the ego stroking. Yeah my post should have been clearer but it's been a hard day.... and it's about 1:10 in the morning where I am so I'm a bit tired lol

ha jesus dude- go to bed - the metal epiphone decision can wait till tomorrow!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

Quote by Richmanofaction
ha jesus dude- go to bed - the metal epiphone decision can wait till tomorrow!

Lol can't sleep I thought of a brilliant riff and I'm writing a song from it and and jumping between guitar pro and the forum when I draw a blank lol.
what kind of ESPs would u recomend? i looked at about 10 then got really pissed off and the little amount of left handed ones (eg none) the only one i found was the KH202 but its a sig and probs of poor quality
Quote by Archieisted
what kind of ESPs would u recomend? i looked at about 10 then got really pissed off and the little amount of left handed ones (eg none) the only one i found was the KH202 but its a sig and probs of poor quality

The KH 202 is a midrange ESP LTD model...It isn't necessarily bad, but it isn't exactly the best for the money either. Look into Jackson's DKMG- it has better build quality and pups that will suit your needs. Also, the Ibanez RG is a great place to look too. Both have lefty models.

As for ESP LTD, you can look into the M-1000 series. The RG, Dinky DKMG and M are all similar. All have decent pups, bolt on, fast playing necks and decent quality for the price.

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

what is your budget? I know that Schecter is pretty nice to lefties (as in almost all of their models are also lefty)
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Ripper1

How would someone looking at $450-$700 range ever be able to afford a highend PRS? Also no PRS comes with SDs stock they all come with PRS pups. Finally PRS are hardly a highley rated brand for metal. There extremely versitale which allows the a person with the right amp to achieve a great metal tone but there pups are nearly as high of an output as the pups on say a stock jackson or esp/ltd.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
How would someone looking at $450-$700 range ever be able to afford a highend PRS? Also no PRS comes with SDs stock they all come with PRS pups. Finally PRS are hardly a highley rated brand for metal. There extremely versitale which allows the a person with the right amp to achieve a great metal tone but there pups are nearly as high of an output as the pups on say a stock jackson or esp/ltd.

I said PRS if money was not a problem, look at my original post if you manage to keep your head out of your ass for long enough to see daylight.
yh all good suggestions but there are basicly no left handed ESPs
i 2 humbuckers so the jackson is out the way
and i never really like the feel of a schecter

i dont wanna sound picky but i wanna be happy with this, do u think i should save up more so i have more choice?
YESSS. Save up, you'll have a wider range of choices...no one said dean...but they're hit or miss, soooo yeah...Idk, just shop around for a while, you'll eventually find something.
Seriously, don't overlook used Gibson Flying V's... those don't get the attention they deserve anymore. You can pick them up on Ebay and in Pawn Shops for around $400 used and are complete metal machines. I scored mine for the steep price of $5 and it's legit

EDIT: My bad, I totally didnt' think about the left-handed thing. Dean makes a lefty version of their '79 Series ML's without Floyds. The right-handed models are solid guitars for the cash... great platform to upgrade in the future but the stock setup isn't lacking either
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Aug 11, 2009,
You could always get a right handed guitar, restirng it and play it upside down. Hendrix did that.
Quote by Ripper1
I said PRS if money was not a problem, look at my original post if you manage to keep your head out of your ass for long enough to see daylight.

I'm aware i'm just saying why even bother?
edit: ^ to the person above me. It's alot more complicated you have to replace the nut and pretty much flip the guitar around to set it up and even then the inotation will be off. Plus controls can be in the way and it can get hard to play because of the cut out.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by gstacey1 at Aug 11, 2009,
Page 1 of 2