>==# (ASCII V!)

I really love the way the Gibson Flying V plays, but I'm looking for less expensive alternatives. I'm talking mainly about V's with rounded edges, not like the Jackson King V, etc. Budget is probably $500-600 (US).
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
try a DBZ Cavallo ST. It is a little more than your budget, but it is worth it. They should be coming out soon. You should be able to pre-order it and get it when it comes out. This is the new company created by Dean B. Zelinsky, founder of Dean guitars.

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZguitarsClassicPremierSeriesPage2.html

http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/collection.html (Premier Series)
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
I think it's fair to say you could probably find a used Gibson Faded V for around $600. That's what I would be selling mine for at least.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

yea probably schecter and dean will have the best non-pointy Vs for that much, but i gotta say a jackson king V would smoke either one any day
Epiphone has the Yellow Korina for sale, and you can get used ones in different colours
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Epiphone or used Gibson would be your best bet
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Hasnt been mentioned yet but washburn do some nice traditional Vs alongside their more metal ones, well worth looking into or a Hamer Vector which are truely amazing
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by JKMV11
try a DBZ Cavallo ST. It is a little more than your budget, but it is worth it. They should be coming out soon. You should be able to pre-order it and get it when it comes out. This is the new company created by Dean B. Zelinsky, founder of Dean guitars.

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZguitarsClassicPremierSeriesPage2.html

http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/collection.html (Premier Series)

No offense dude, but to me those look like deans version of a "PRS" guitar....

Check out the schecters, they are good quality for reasonable prices.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Epiphone, schecter v-1, and Dean Vs are the only ones I can think of right now.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
No offense dude, but to me those look like deans version of a "PRS" guitar....

Check out the schecters, they are good quality for reasonable prices.

well thats your opinion. it took me while to get it, but i got it. Unless you aren't trying to be sarcastic, in which case, i agree. But i'm pretty sure you are insulting DBZ guitars.

I think they look nice. But i will wait till they come out and there are reviews till i look into buying one. but i think Dean has done a good job. They are pretty expensive, but hopefully worth it. They are just starting out; maybe later we will see some better designs. I know they are going to make some basses and 7 strings. If i ever get one, it will most likely be from the USA series b/c they are made in Dean's custom shop. They are extremely expensive, but should be high quality. Again, we will have to wait till they get reviewed.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
well thats your opinion. it took me while to get it, but i got it. Unless you aren't trying to be sarcastic, in which case, i agree. But i'm pretty sure you are insulting DBZ guitars.

I think they look nice. But i will wait till they come out and there are reviews till i look into buying one. but i think Dean has done a good job. They are pretty expensive, but hopefully worth it. They are just starting out; maybe later we will see some better designs. I know they are going to make some basses and 7 strings. If i ever get one, it will most likely be from the USA series b/c they are made in Dean's custom shop. They are extremely expensive, but should be high quality. Again, we will have to wait till they get reviewed.

I was being partly sarcastic...but i guess a rl picture of it will look more appealing?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
I was being partly sarcastic...but i guess a rl picture of it will look more appealing?

ya, i hear the NAMM pics are WAY better than the pics they have on the site. Check out some of the pics on the first link. That should give you an idea of what they look like. You can see the all the unique curves. But that doesn't mean they sound great. I have faith in Dean, but i will have to hear and play one first.
--Einstein

--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Aug 11, 2009,

YOU WOULD LOOK SO KICK ASS WITH THAT!!!!

but on another note yeah Schecter and BC Rich make a good V style guitar
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
HC has a used Jackson 1998 Jackson King V. I know it's a sharp one, but it slays. It's not in the best of aesthetical shape, but it's a player. For 750 I believe.
If I wasn't me, who else would I be?

Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded (02)
G&L Legacy Special
Peavey Special 212
Martin DXR1