Well, I've been GASing for a Schecter C-1 for a while. The neck feels really nice to me. Of course, I don't know much more than the thick neck of my Ibanez GSA60, so many other things may feel better.

Anyway, recently I've decided to turn my attention more to post-rock (partially because my lyric-writing is sub-par). Considering that a Schecter C-1 is an HH layout with active pickups, I think there are some better options for me.

Now, I'd normally be saving up for a different amp. However, my guitar doesn't play the way I want it to no matter how may times I have it set up. There's a bunch of fret buzz, the action isn't very good, etc. Therefore, I thought a new guitar would be necessary. I'm looking for a guitar in a similar price-range ($500) or possibly more. I'm not going to be gigging any time soon, so I have time to save up.

Specifications:

-Around $500
-Preferably has a Humbucker and a Single Coil (I'm looking for a bell-like sound as well as the ability to play heavier stuff)
-Preferably 25.5" scale, but it's not necessary
-I DON'T want a Floyd Rose
-I can go used, but I'd prefer not to
EDIT: -I don't want another Ibanez. I don't like the neck of mine right now. But if the higher-quality ones have different necks, then I guess I'd look into them.
-I'd prefer the guitar to be from one of these brands:
http://www.jimsmusic.com/guitars/guitars.html
but it's not necessary
-Actually, there's going to be a musician's swat meet in just a few weeks, so if I go used, I'd prefer it to be around $420 (which is roughly what I have right now).

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Title should read "Considering that I've decided to mainly play post-rock, I need to find a different guitar."
Last edited by TheLetheProject at Aug 10, 2009,
Schecter C-1 Classic or C-1 Plus? both have passives and can handle a really large variety of styles. you should try finding these used and they'll be in your price range.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
Schecter C-1 Classic or C-1 Plus? both have passives and can handle a really large variety of styles. you should try finding these used and they'll be in your price range.

I just remembered that the have coil splitting! I probably could find either used in my price range.
Quote by TheLetheProject
-I don't want another Ibanez. I'd prefer a thinner neck

Come again?
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Well I can't tell you exactly what to buy but I used to be in a post rock band with a friend of mine and his setup for post rock was amazing!

It was a American Telecaster Deluxe HH setup, into a Boss DD-3 into a Boss Reverb pedal and into a Fender Deville 212. It was amazing man.

I used and Ibanez RG370DX into a Zoom G2.1u(delay only) into my peavey Envoy 110. It sounded awesome too but now I'm using a Peavey Valveking 212 and that's even more awesome.

A rule of thumb is lots of reverb delay and use the neck pickup a lot.
Quote by Metlhead443
Come again?

My thoughts exactly....

Well I used to have a C-1+ and I loved it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by TheLetheProject
Well, I've been GASing for a Schecter C-1 for a while. The neck feels really nice to me.
-I don't want another Ibanez. I'd prefer a thinner neck

I see a contradiction in this post.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
I see a contradiction in this post.

hahahahha...i guess TS forgot the meaning of thick/thin...
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Okay, so I don't know what I'm talking about What I mean is, the neck on the Ibanez I'm playing doesn't feel very comfortable. Maybe the neck is too thin, considering that you all say that Schecter necks are actually thicker.
Last edited by TheLetheProject at Aug 10, 2009,
Ok better Ibanez has probably the thinest neck in production model guitars. Have a look at a hard tail RG if you want a really thin neck.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Schecter necks are thicker, but they're not insanely thick like Gibson/Epiphone. they're actually thinner than Fender strats. for me, it's the perfect width and thickness.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Okay, I just remembered that my local music store has a Schecter Traditional, so I may save up for that. Considering that they haven't sold it yet, it probably won't be sold by the time I have enough money, and they'll probably sell it pretty cheap just to get it off their hands.