Is it a good idea to trade in my Takamine EG5013SVFT G Series OM Acoustic Electric Guitar (Violin Finish) and an Ibanez AW30ECE Artwood Acoustic Electric Guitar for a used Epiphone AJ500M?
No.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Roscio
Nooo

why isnt it a good idea? the ibanez and takamine are only solid tops, but the epi is an all solid body acoustic.
If monetary values on the trade matter, you would be giving up some cash. Going by MSRP, the Takamine originally sold for over double the sales price of the Epi.

New:
Takamine $850
Ibanez $350
Epi $500

Used: THIS IS JUST AN ESTIMATED AVERAGE BASED ON GOOGLE!!!
Takamine $200
Ibanez $100
Epi $150

A store may sell these guitars for more, but it is unlikely that they will pay more than that.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by millerdrr
If monetary values on the trade matter, you would be giving up some cash. Going by MSRP, the Takamine originally sold for over double the sales price of the Epi.

New:
Takamine $850
Ibanez $350
Epi $500

Used: THIS IS JUST AN ESTIMATED AVERAGE BASED ON GOOGLE!!!
Takamine $200
Ibanez $100
Epi $150

A store may sell these guitars for more, but it is unlikely that they will pay more than that.

might as well just sell them then, then get an epi masterbilt.
Sell them as a private seller though. Don't sell to a store!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
dont be an idiot and sell it at all dude.

Solid top acoustics kick ass anyways, with time they expand and sound better, and better, and better.

When I buy a guitar, I buy it for a reason. I always remember that reason whenever the thought crosses my mind to sell it. I will never sell any of my guitars for that reason - becuase my guitars are mine until I die, and thats my reasoning.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410