It turns out that I'm going to have to wait a few more weeks for that darned Guitar Center to get a critical replacement part of my guitar to me, so i'm going to be guitar-less for a while.

Any ideas of what I can do without a guitar to improve my technical abilities on guitar? I'm starting to get bored of just studying music theory, and I'm going to lose it if I spend more time on drawing modes out on guitar neck diagrams.
Minimalist sig FTW
try a shredneck or another guitar aid. there are tons.

hell, if worst comes to worst, squeeze a tennis ball for finger strength.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by britishsligean
guitar hero maybe

No.

What I always do is tap along with my fingers to the music i'm listenening, to keep them flexible, seems to help.

But I don't think you can actually improve at guitar without a guitar...
musictheory.net

go to the trainer section
and do the ear training ...and the guitar training if you dont know all the notes on the board
Last edited by TrustMeWhenISay at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by TrustMeWhenISay
musictheory.net

and do the ear training ...and the guitar training if you dont know all the notes on the board

such a good site!, thx
Quote by TrustMeWhenISay
musictheory.net

Ear training for sure. I'd take a good musical ear over knowledge of theory any day.
+1 to ear training and theory training, there's not much else you can do...anything technique related can only be done on the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Squeeze one of those finger strength builders, some are marketed for guitar players but they're all pretty much the same from what I've seen. Just a grip that you squeeze.

Theory too, for your ear.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
You could try this:

Place your hand on a flat surface as if you have a ball underneath your palm (similar to that of proper piano technique), so that your palm is elevated, and only your finger tips are touching. Slowly, raise your 1st and third finger, then lower, whilst keeping all other fingers stationary. Repeat this with your 2nd and 4th finger. You can then mix it up by using your 1st and 4th then 3rd and 4th, etc.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE