after playing a bunch of new PRS singelcut SEs, none of them feel even close to what i would have liked. even though the scale is supposed to be the same as the older ones, it feels smaller, and the necks on all of them were flawed.

Unless i can find an older PRS SE im gonna have to look elsewhere. Maybe a guitar with a 25.5 scale. I just have no idea where to start. I want something that i really like not that is just ok and im willing to take the time to play a bunch of guitars.

my price range is $600 or less. could go used. I just want a big neck and a large scale with room for my big hands. gibson style, nothing fender. maybe a carvin? a smaller company I am unaware of? help
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Check out the Schecter C-1 series. Lots of different models to choose from, and 24 fret 25.5 inch scale. Nice thick necks on those as well.
because i can't get a gibson for $650?

i play hardcore punk, heavy music. i like a guitar with lots of resonance especially in the low mids.

im not really into schecter. i have never found one that i didn't think was ugly, and i don't really want a metal guitar.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Last edited by pmeg568c at Aug 10, 2009,
ibanez art-300
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar?sku=517222

if you're fine with a shorter scale, this would be great. you said you were looking at PRS's and they're shorter scale, so maybe so. but try some of these out, they're cool guitars and i love the worn brown finish
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Carvin uses the same scale as PRS, with a couple of exceptions. Personally I love a 25 in. scale, think it's a perfect compromise.
im not fine with a shorter scale haha. i'll check out the edwards. anyone else? and i play an SG now and hate the neck. i feel like i have no room to move around.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob