hey guys i have begun my remodeling of my cheap B.C. Rich bronze series bass, that i picked up from guitar center a while back. im on phase one atm and i soon hope to be finished. i have plans but as it stands i only have a definate choice on a few things, and the final design of the body i will keep on the DL until i finish compeltely.

as for pics can someone help post a pic, i've tried before and it didn't work. i know i can post from Face book but the img thing wasn't working, so if someone could help, but i will try.

(Invalid img)
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
pic is broken

EDIT:here you go

EDIT2: the reason you cant post the pic from facebook is becauseyour album has other pics is it, so when you use try the image code its just a link to thenext picture.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Last edited by blindsagacity at Aug 10, 2009,
^ thanks, they don't seem to work for me

also this phase is going to take a while, sanding away paint takes a while with 220 grit sand paper and higher (320 and 400) esp when one is doing it by hand,

anyways my solidified ideas as of right now are that the basic paint job will be white with black bevels. im going to have a p-bass style cover installed over the pickups,

also i'm trying to figure out how to remake the headstock with out ruining the logo, i want to invert the colors but i don't know if its physically possible.

any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
find a bc rich high res logo, then get someone to print it out on a decal or something.
thats if there cool with breaking copyright
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
well, i got up this morning and watched some T.V. then around 8:00 i went out side to spray the guitar, in an attempt to see imperfections, and to see if i could move on a little bit. i jerry rigged a holder (i didn't have a metal hanger of any kind that could support it) out of a guitar strap and an old necklace. everything was going fine until i ran out of primer, so ihad to call my dad to see if he could pick up some later so i could work on it tomorrow. then after i called him and he told me to hang it in the Garage i went to. and after i had hung it up the worst possible thing happened. the necklace gave out and the guitar fell, it wasn't major damage, all it did was chip one of the bottom horns and flattened the other horn slightly (it went from being a rounded corner to a flat corner) so i'll have to completely remove the paint (thankfully i bought acetone the other day on accident so i have that) and sand it down a little more after i fill out the parts that were destroyed.

i'll put pics up later, im going to get a shower and sulk.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
damn... im lucky thats never happened to me, how exactly was it rigged? pics?
i use the neck screw holes, with either a hook, or a bit of wood screwed in.
and i havent droped a body, out of the 4 that ive done so far (touch wood...)
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Okay so yesterday i promised pics, well today i deliever

Here is the link to the pics just in case my links once again don't work
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=1678765031&pid=130852#/album.php?aid=8852&id=1678765031

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Edit - i really hate my picture posting abilities
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Last edited by F8iscruel at Aug 12, 2009,

There you go.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

You Painted The Neck Pocket??
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
^ didn't catch that one myself, yeah, you're gonna wanna sand that out.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Oh, yah thanks, i was trying to figure out how to cover it up but until afgter i had already sprayed it i realized i could have justpunched a hole through the masking tape. ill have to go back and fix that. I'm still working on the design of the top layer, but if i keep going the route im planning atm a lot of gaming fans will be quite happy
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Ooooh. I'm a gaming fan

I shall be quite happy.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

haven't updated in a while, but then again i haven't been doing as much work on it

anyways, i coated the neck with a few layers of white and today i coated it in gloss, in about an hour or two im going to go back and sand it down a little bit and recoat it as i had a few problems.

ive run out of paint though so i'm kind of stuck right now, but i also need to get sticker printer paper to print off the designs im going to be putting on the guitar.

also i was wondering, i want to get rid of the frets on the neck, but i don't think i have the right plyers to pull it off (i saw a guide that said flat nosed pliers and a sodering iron to heat the frets to rmove them) so i was just wondering if i could sand them down with a power sander, i had a few ideas for the neck, as this bass for me is leaning more towards art than it is an actual bass right now (it will still play but visual is in front before that)

any help on that would be appreciated
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by F8iscruel
well, i got up this morning and watched some T.V. then around 8:00 i went out side to spray the guitar, in an attempt to see imperfections, and to see if i could move on a little bit. i jerry rigged a holder (i didn't have a metal hanger of any kind that could support it) out of a guitar strap and an old necklace. everything was going fine until i ran out of primer, so ihad to call my dad to see if he could pick up some later so i could work on it tomorrow. then after i called him and he told me to hang it in the Garage i went to. and after i had hung it up the worst possible thing happened. the necklace gave out and the guitar fell, it wasn't major damage, all it did was chip one of the bottom horns and flattened the other horn slightly (it went from being a rounded corner to a flat corner) so i'll have to completely remove the paint (thankfully i bought acetone the other day on accident so i have that) and sand it down a little more after i fill out the parts that were destroyed.

i'll put pics up later, im going to get a shower and sulk.

Oh the disadvantages of having silly shaped guitars :P... only joking man.

Are you printing out stickers and then sticking them on and laquering it?
Or re finishing the guitar and then sticking them on top?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
i am printing off the images then i am sticking them on and then i spraying over them.

but as ive said i've run out of paint for now, and i also have run into a problem on the neck i went back and i wiped down the neck but i ended up getting fibers all over my guitar that didn't show up until after i did another coat of gloss, so i went to sand it down so i could respray it in white when i get more paint and it started to strip down to the original wood. this is getting to be more labor than love, but it still has the love so im going to keep going.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724