Well, I finally got it, the amp all the guys at Guitar Center said would get me the best tone for my money: a Line 6 Spider III 75w! It has all these neat effects and an insane channel that's good for death metal (Like Bring Me The Horizon )

Except not really.

Flextone III, baby! Picked it up used off of local Craigslist. I'm in love with this thing. I've only stopped playing long enough to post this thread. I managed to get nearly exactly the sounds I wanted dialed in pretty quickly. So far my favorite models are the AC30, the JTM-45, and the JCM800.
Pics:

Not pictured: Squier Duo-Sonic that the Flextone is plugged into.
HNAD! Flextones are great amps, especially for what they go for used.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i almost punched myslef in the d!#k had i not scrolled down
u almost had me
HNAD
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by whitenihilist
Ahhh, I was hoping it was a Spider III so the lulz would enuse!

Anyways nice amp, HNAD!!

I am the only one with lulz here
nice job. old ploy with the fake-out though. we need something original. But do post clipz. The closest thing I've used to one of those Flextones is a POD X3 Pro-Live-rack-thing. Sounds great with all sorts of guitars and has **** tons of good models and FX though.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
you almost got shot man. So close....

HNAD
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by Zakkcd
nice job. old ploy with the fake-out though. we need something original. But do post clipz. The closest thing I've used to one of those Flextones is a POD X3 Pro-Live-rack-thing. Sounds great with all sorts of guitars and has **** tons of good models and FX though.

Yeah, I know it's an old gag, but seeing how it's a Line 6, I just had to do it. I'll try to get a mic soon so I can do clips
Quote by Led Dirigible
Yeah, I know it's an old gag, but seeing how it's a Line 6, I just had to do it. I'll try to get a mic soon so I can do clips

nice. cant wait to hear some flextone goodness
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
The AC30, JTM45, and JCM800 are likely choices for your favorite amps, because they're very good amps!
HNAD!
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by BD 425
The AC30, JTM45, and JCM800 are likely choices for your favorite amps, because they're very good amps!
HNAD!

Well

Only thing is, I can't really get a great high-gain sound out of it. I wonder how well this thing would handle a Big Muff.
Quote by Led Dirigible
Well

Only thing is, I can't really get a great high-gain sound out of it. I wonder how well this thing would handle a Big Muff.

Which model are you using? I can give you my high-gain settings if you want.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Which model are you using? I can give you my high-gain settings if you want.

Sure, if you want. It's just the regular Flextone III as far as I know, not the Plus or the XL.
Nice grab. I had the FLextone III + for quite sometime. I regret getting rid of it...for what it was, it was an extremely enjoyable amp and had the classiest most appealing look of all line 6 amps.

Anyways, HNAD. :cheer: I had a chance to get one once, I regret not doing it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
Yeah, same as mine.

I'm using the SLO model, with:

Gain: To taste. I keep it around 6-8
Bass: Around 5
Mids: 9/10
Treble: 7/8
Presence: 3/4

Use the cab under the Plexi 100 model.

There's a clip on my profile of it. It's "Somebody Get Me A Doctor". It sounds a little bit muddy, but the volume is down and it really shines turned up.
--

--

Jof, you should put that in the stickies.
--

--
Quote by SayAnything
Nice grab. I had the FLextone III + for quite sometime. I regret getting rid of it...for what it was, it was an extremely enjoyable amp and had the classiest most appealing look of all line 6 amps.

Definitely classy, I really like the aesthetics. Very Vox-y, vintage vibe.

Quote by stratman_13
Yeah, same as mine.

I'm using the SLO model, with:

Gain: To taste. I keep it around 6-8
Bass: Around 5
Mids: 9/10
Treble: 7/8
Presence: 3/4

Use the cab under the Plexi 100 model.

There's a clip on my profile of it. It's "Somebody Get Me A Doctor". It sounds a little bit muddy, but the volume is down and it really shines turned up.

Thanks, messed with it a bit and got what I wanted

Also, epic pic. Who is that?
Quote by unet
HAPPY NAD!!

Clips or you get banned.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!