What overdrive pedal has the most gain?

I like to crank a 5-watt tube amp, boost it with a pedal, turn the gain up on the pedal until my guitar will feed back even with my hand on the strings, then back of on the gain a bit. This gives me maximum gain/sustain/feedback when playing hard rock music.

Most of the overdrive pedals don't offer enough gain for that.
"teh most gains"
ibanez tubescreamer?
digitech bad monkey?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Fulltone OCD has a ton of gain on tap.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

+1

cranked all the way on the clean it can be as gainy as a cranked jtm( the old school ones
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
A MI Audio Crunchbox has more Gain than the OCD But I like the versatility of my OCD more than my Crunchbox.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

+1

The Bad Monkey, while a great clean booster, does not have nearly as much gain as an OCD.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i agree with the catalinbread super charged overdrive! its just a beast of a pedal!
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
Quote by BeethovensBust
Catalinbread SCOD. A bit more gain on tap than the OCD, methinks.

Just a bit though. I cranked my OCD up earlier today, and got some very heavy tones. Love that pedal.
I'm not seeing what the difference between an overdrive pedal with a lot of gain and a distortion pedal is...
Quote by soloXshredder
ibanez tubescreamer?
digitech bad monkey?

These 2 are great for boosting gain.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

There isn't really a difference, but in my experience 'high gain overdrives' are better at low-gain stuff than 'distortion pedals'. This doesn't always hold true though.
I think the whole overdrive/distortion convention is stupid.

What exactly makes the Fulltone OCD or ZVex Box of Rock at higher gain settings any more of an overdrive and less of a distortion pedal than an MI Audio Crunch Box outside of the fact that they're called "overdrive" pedals?
I think it's very important to distinguish between overdrive and distortion. With an overdrive, having lots of control over a little bit of gain is very important for getting the right amount of "hair" in your sound.
"teh most gains"
Last edited by mountain2012 at Aug 11, 2009,