Page 1 of 2
My iTunes is kinda lame right now, all i have is my guitar stuff, a few hardcore techno bands, and some main stream rap, but the most connecting music I believe is Electronica, only one or two bands in my Itunes are electronica.

AND I WANT MOAR!!!!

any band suggestions?

(I recently looked up MileHI which is produced by the professional snowboarder JJ Thomas, and it makes me cream myself...)
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Broaden your genres.

A little Protest the Hero won't hurt, try some.
"Allow me to explain the contamination process. Pine cones go in here, party liquors comes out here and proceed to here. Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated."
-Early Cuyler
Eh not a huge fan of Techno or whatever they call it but try some rap from the 80s, thats some of the good stuff.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
go look up The Faint. Wet from birth is a great album. also they are from my hometown of Omaha nebraska
Quote by Husker90
go look up The Faint. Wet from birth is a great album. also they are from my hometown of Omaha nebraska

Fasciiination is a pretty great album aswell, my friends love them.
GAS list...
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Hallucinogen
Astral Projection
Juno Reactor
Cosmosis

Edit:You will cream yourself.
Last edited by Manimosity at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Front 242
Nitzer Ebb
Laibach
Kraftwerk

go old school.

If you want to listen to old school, then check out the first RATATAT album
GAS list...
PGM 301
Quote by xFinnellx

That's not exactly old school, but it's still awesome.

TS You're being far, far too vague. Electronic music comes in just as many, if not more, genres than guitar based music. Give us more of a clue
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Amon Tobin, The Orb, Radiohead's post-OK Computer stuff, there's way too much to name. Also google "DJ Mixes" and you will find a LOT of free stuff.
Quote by xFinnellx

Their first record dropped in 2004 that's nowhere near old school.

Old school for electronic music is 80s-early 90s (at a stretch)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by xaviergray
Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Amon Tobin, The Orb, Radiohead's post-OK Computer stuff, there's way too much to name. Also google "DJ Mixes" and you will find a LOT of free stuff.

This plus Autechre, Modeselektor, Nathan Fake, DJ Shadow, Steve Roach, some of Primal Scream's work, R.E.M. (Up, Reveal, and Around the Sun), and Efterklang.
Last edited by simmy17 at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by xFinnellx
Fasciiination is a pretty great album aswell, my friends love them.

I really like Danse Macabre, I think that's their most well composed of everything I've listened to from them. You might check out The Postal Service dude.
Quote by jimmy388
I really like Danse Macabre, I think that's their most well composed of everything I've listened to from them. You might check out The Postal Service dude.

postal service = eh, too much soprano dude voice
GAS list...
PGM 301
try some passion pit
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.
Quote by simmy17
This plus Autechre, Modeselektor, Nathan Fake, DJ Shadow, Steve Roach, some of Primal Scream's work, R.E.M. (Up, Reveal, and Around the Sun), and Efterklang.

How the sweet fuck did I forget Autechre? DJ Shadow's pretty decent as well, if you're not a "sampling is stealing" nazi.

And if you are one of those nazis, here's an analogy: Is a collage any less art than a regular painting? The original pictures involved in a collage are not the artist's own creations, but they are made into something new. The same goes for sampling.
Laurent Garnier/Wamdue Project.

Only techno you'll need evar.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I'm sorry if people have already mentioned them, but check out Bonobo, especially the song "Recurring."

Also check out Kettel, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6-WjHadkY&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVbdh49Xc8g&feature=channel_page

and helios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj55nG2tkKw&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJBdnx70IKk&feature=channel_page

it really depends on if you like chill-out ambient stuff or breakbeat/core, faster stuff.
Either way, Aphex Twin/Richard D. James does both.
There are a million other amazing bands out there, a lot of which have been mentioned.
Quote by wizards?
It's not hip-hop... It's electro.

That was the second album I ever bought!

How the hell has Girl Talk not been mentioned yet? I'd also recommend Thom Yorke's solo album.
Last edited by thewho65 at Aug 10, 2009,
UNKLE and Portishead are good if you're coming from mainly a rock background as they tend to have a mix of rock and electronica instrumentation/sound. Thom Yorke sings lead vocals on UNKLE's "Rabbit In Your Headlights" too, so if you're into Radiohead (who've obviously already been mentioned as electronica in their own right) then that's a good place to start.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
^ Yeah Portis head is probably the best Trip-Hop group, or at least my favorite. The album Dummy is incredible, and one of my favorite cd's of all time.

Massive Attack, Tricky, Morcheeba, Sub-ID, Eliot Lipp, Leo123, STS9, Bassnectar, Breakbeatbuddha, Vibesquad, Tipper, Mimosa, Heyoka, Infected Mushroom, 1200 Micrograms, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, Aphex Twins, ill.gates, Disco Biscuits, Moby, Ronald Jenkees, Sergeant Sawtooth, Shpongle, Astrix, edIT, Zero 7, Thievery Corporation, David Guetta, Guru Josh PRoject, DJ Inphinity, DJ Rozz, Mixin Marc, DJ Magix, Fatboy Slim, Fedde Le Grand, RJD2, Madlib, U.N.K.L.E., Propellerheads, and DJ Shadow are all awesome too.
Last edited by Ramblin'_Man at Aug 20, 2009,
Try Owl City, it's pretty soothing and the lyrics are weird.
Also Infected Mushroom is great.
Last edited by GMD093 at Aug 19, 2009,
Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Thievery Corporation and Aphex Twin ftw. I'm not too sure on the boundaries of Electronic though, so if I catagorised them wrong I apologise. Pet Shop Boys are a guilty pleasure >.>

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
If I were you, listen to KMFDM and Skinny Puppy. They are both really awesome bands. More industrial than electronica, but still.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, Thievery Corporation and Aphex Twin ftw. I'm not too sure on the boundaries of Electronic though, so if I catagorised them wrong I apologise. Pet Shop Boys are a guilty pleasure >.>

Electronic is about as broad a term as you're going to get

Aphex Twin
I don't mind me some electronic, though I like to have some other instruments as well rather than just synth.
Goldfrapp is awesome, and the album Felt Mountain.. has an errie vibe to it.

the artist Yppah, download the album They know what Ghost Know. Pretty damn awesome.
Here's one of his songs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGAYskQ4PAM
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Quote by Funky_Fresh91
I don't mind me some electronic, though I like to have some other instruments as well rather than just synth.
Goldfrapp is awesome, and the album Felt Mountain.. has an errie vibe to it.

Uh... Synth is as broad a term as "wind instrument". It's not even funny how many sounds you can get out of different kinds of synths. (There's analog, digital, FM, wavetable, subtractive, additive, granular, and modular synths, etc. etc... Then there's sine, triangle, square, sawtooth, and pulse waves, and their frequency modulated variants... Filter modulation, phasers, chorus, distortion, etc... And then there's a whole lot more digital signal processing you can do... the possibilities are endless. I wouldn't call it one instrument) Why does it matter if there's "other" instruments or not?

Sorry if I come off a little touchy, I'm defensive about my beloved electronic music
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Their first record dropped in 2004 that's nowhere near old school.

Old school for electronic music is 80s-early 90s (at a stretch)

ahem
Check out the Bloody Beetroots this italian foreign exchange student showed them to me and theyre sick
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Page 1 of 2