e-----------------------5h6p5------------------
B---------9----9-4--5----------5---------------
G---------9----9-4--6----------6---------------
D--9s11---11---6--7--------------------------
A--9s11---11---6--7--------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------
Okay, basically I can't hold this one chord in that part. See the part right before the hammer on? I'm supposede to hold it like this? Ring finger holding down the 7th fret Astring, pinky 7th fret Dstring, middle finger 6th fret Gstring and index finder barring 5th fret of B and e string? Oh, and my thumb muting Estring. I just have been practicing this for like 5 days now and I don't see how I can do it.

Because when ever I hold it, my palm or whatever you call the skin before you finger mute the low e string when I need to do the hammer on. Plus my index finger hurts and it feels really awkward like I'm doing it wrong.

Any help with this?
Quote by RAAAGE
e-----------------------5h6p5------------------
B---------9----9-4--5----------5---------------
G---------9----9-4--6----------6---------------
D--9s11---11---6--7--------------------------
A--9s11---11---6--7--------------------------
E-------------------------------------------------
Okay, basically I can't hold this one chord in that part. See the part right before the hammer on? I'm supposede to hold it like this? Ring finger holding down the 7th fret Astring, pinky 7th fret Dstring, middle finger 6th fret Gstring and index finder barring 5th fret of B and e string? Oh, and my thumb muting Estring. I just have been practicing this for like 5 days now and I don't see how I can do it.

Because when ever I hold it, my palm or whatever you call the skin before you finger mute the low e string when I need to do the hammer on. Plus my index finger hurts and it feels really awkward like I'm doing it wrong.

Any help with this?

Don't bar the b and e with your index finger, you don't have to. You just have to hold the index finger just right so that it just barely touches the high E and mutes it. By trying to bar in that kind of position, you might actually hurt your index finger (from my experience, anyway).
Mute the low E with the tip of your ring finger fretting the A string. That seems to be the simplest solution, and learning said technique is invaluable.
Last edited by TimboSlice at Aug 10, 2009,
Make a barre chord out of it, with the index lying on 5 on both e strings and the b, but then just hold it loosely, don't fret the 2 e strings. alternatively, just move your index finger so that it's just playing the b string, and it should mute the high e. you can use the tip of your ring finger to mute the low e, or just get better with strumming selectively.
edit: scratch that, you don't even need to mute them! the open high e will match the pitch of the 5 on the b, and the open low e will sound an octave lower than the 7 on the a string. so the chord will sound more full if you don't mute anything.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Last edited by muse-ik at Aug 10, 2009,