Ok been playing for 4 months need to replace the strings on my Ibanez 7 string RG and have no clue on what to get. I know that it is a personal preferance thing but, i dont even know what is currently on the guitar. Any help will be Appritiated.
Why are you playing a 7 string with only 4 months experience? I mean, I know there is no rule or anything, but it's odd.

Anyways, Ernie Ball Super Slinkys are the best.
Quote by Dog--

No. Different string brands have different feel/tone, so try a few out and check which suits you better. Ernie Ball strings are popular but I don't like them. Check out Blue Steels and La Bella strings as well as Ernie Ball ones.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Dog--
Why are you playing a 7 string with only 4 months experience? I mean, I know there is no rule or anything, but it's odd.

Anyways, Ernie Ball Super Slinkys are the best IMO.

Fixed.

Anyway, they're only $5 or so, get a few packs, see what you like. Personally I dig Rotosound, GHS and Elixir, but you may feel different. If I had to recommend some though going on something other than preference though I'd recommend Elixir just because I've had sets last literally years, and they're the only strings I've had to replace for thinning tone from string wear and unstable tuning from age rather than snapping.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^yea I should've added IMO, I didn't mean they are actually the best as a fact.
Anything but flatwounds. Bought some on a whim, and wow. Good for jazz, and..... well, nothing else.

I prefer D'Addario 0.11s and 0.12s, but your guitar is probably strung with the 7-string version of a .09 set.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
If you like to whammy or you just play really hard, I would go with dem DRs. I use them and absolutely love them. Ernies balls are pretty good to, but i find them to go out of tune really really easily
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by Dog--

Dog the 7 string is the same as the 6 string just with an added B string for deeper tones. Fundamentals of a 6 and 7 string guitar are the same.

Thank you all for the information, i think i will take the advice and buy a few different sets to see what i like.
the best sounding/longest lasting strings out there are DUNLOP stings and dadderio xl strings, the dunlops feel better in my opinion, just a bit more silky
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I'm a fan of Dunlop strings. I've played everything and they seem to sit between EB and D'addario as far as tension goes, tune up fast, and last a bit longer than other un-coated strings. And, it's nice to have a new string brand on the market that is not made in someone else's factory..