Alright I'm sure some of you remember a thread I made a few weeks back about finding a new amp. Well I went out and tested some stuff and I liked what I found. I now need help narrowing it down:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien-Krueger-410BLX-II-4-x-10-Bass-Cabinet-103055992-i1152920.gc
Gallien Krueger 410BLX.

This thing was nice, I actually spent a lot of time playing with this.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gallien-Krueger-Backline-600-Bass-Head-103056032-i1145819.gc
GK Backline 600 Head

I coupled the above cab with this and it sounded amazing. I was able to get some good sounds out of it and I loved it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Acoustic-B410-400W-4x10-Bass-Cabinet-104813845-i1400061.gc
Acoustic B410

I didn't get to play this, but I played the 1x15 version of it. The representative I talked with said that the 4x10 sounds a lot better than the 1x15 and that I'd like how it sounded.

Those were the highlights of my trip. I would like some feedback on what would be smart to buy, and, if you have any suggestions or recommendations instead of the above, please do tell!

I also was thinking of selling my Digitech BP200 pedal considering I don't even use the effects anymore. I only use it as a tuner these days. Any good tuning pedal recommendations or is a tuning pedal a tuning pedal?
GK Backline 600 is a GREAT head. I play it when I go to GC all the time, usually through it's 410BLX, but I move it to Markbass 2x10 sometimes.

I think the head is awesome, but I don't really know about the cabinet 410BLX. I've heard some negative things about it.

The Acoustic 410 is pretty good though, and has a tweeter.
I don't recommend the GK Backline heads at all. I personally think they're pure trash, even for the price. The tone isn't very good, the tone-shaping is mediocre at best and the physical quality of it is questionable; I've heard a lot of stories about them konking out. The Backline cabs I recommend even less. I've heard of a lot of speaker issues with them and again, the overall physical quality of it is sub-par.
I think you're going in a better direction with the Acoustic gear (although I personally don't much like this price range of amps because they're just good enough to be passable, but not good enough to keep you satisfied for very long so you're wanting to upgrade very quickly, but I digress...). However, just because you played a 115 does not mean you'll like the 410 any better or at all. I really don't like standalone 10" speakers of any kind, they lack a lot of warmth, but that's just me. I'm just saying, don't assume you'll like the 410 because you like the 115 and a sales assistant said you'd like it.

As for other recommendations, I suggest you take a look into Ashdown. I don't like them a whole lot, but they seem to have the most success with other bass players (especially rock oriented ones) in this price range.
Quote by gwath42
GK Backline 600 is a GREAT head. I play it when I go to GC all the time, usually through it's 410BLX, but I move it to Markbass 2x10 sometimes.

I think the head is awesome, but I don't really know about the cabinet 410BLX. I've heard some negative things about it.

The Acoustic 410 is pretty good though, and has a tweeter.

I swear to god there is a setup just like that at the GC near me. Totowa, NJ?

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I don't recommend the GK Backline heads at all. I personally think they're pure trash, even for the price. The tone isn't very good, the tone-shaping is mediocre at best and the physical quality of it is questionable; I've heard a lot of stories about them konking out. The Backline cabs I recommend even less. I've heard of a lot of speaker issues with them and again, the overall physical quality of it is sub-par.
I think you're going in a better direction with the Acoustic gear (although I personally don't much like this price range of amps because they're just good enough to be passable, but not good enough to keep you satisfied for very long so you're wanting to upgrade very quickly, but I digress...). However, just because you played a 115 does not mean you'll like the 410 any better or at all. I really don't like standalone 10" speakers of any kind, they lack a lot of warmth, but that's just me. I'm just saying, don't assume you'll like the 410 because you like the 115 and a sales assistant said you'd like it.

As for other recommendations, I suggest you take a look into Ashdown. I don't like them a whole lot, but they seem to have the most success with other bass players (especially rock oriented ones) in this price range.

Please explain the first bold.

Second bold: the GC and local guitar store doesn't have Ashdown. What are the price range and the models you recommend? What should I keep an eye out for( there is one guitar store I have yet to venture into)
I just think this price range tends towards the "intermediate" type player. The only problem is, this price range typically doesn't keep the player satisfied very long because they evolve beyond it quite quickly. I know with my Rumble that when I bought it it seemed like a great purchase for a little while, but it didn't take long to realize that the wattage wasn't enough, the tone wasn't great, the versatility sucked. And that's what I find with a lot of this range's amps; it's easy to move passed them in your playing maturity.

As for Ashdown, they probably make the best amps around this price range, although probably a little bit more expensive. Their MAG series is what you would want to look at in terms of your budget.
Yes that would work perfectly. You would only get ~125w out because the amp is 250w at 4 ohm and the cab is 8 ohm. It is 4x10 so it would still be fairly loud and suitable for most bands.
Quote by gwath42
Yes that would work perfectly. You would only get ~125w out because the amp is 250w at 4 ohm and the cab is 8 ohm. It is 4x10 so it would still be fairly loud and suitable for most bands.

Should I get a stronger head then? I'm still in the dark with this whole ohm/watt thing; I tried learning but just can't grasp it.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Should I get a stronger head then? I'm still in the dark with this whole ohm/watt thing; I tried learning but just can't grasp it.

no, that head will work just fine, it will still be plenty loud with the 4x10 and if you want you can add on another 8 ohm cab later to get the full 250 watts
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
no, that head will work just fine, it will still be plenty loud with the 4x10 and if you want you can add on another 8 ohm cab later to get the full 250 watts

Fuck yeah, Seaking . Off to get me some new amps.