I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The answer is a sacrifice in wood quality my friend. Also likely laminates and pickups.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by metallicaman2
whats ofr

Original Floyd Rose
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
^no
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Bc rich has been doing this with 500-600,€ guitars
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Or you can buy a Michael Kelly hex deluxe with better pickups and an ofr, and it won't look like ass.
Last edited by Issor at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by herman ri2
No, you haven't tried the guitars? We knew that already.

You don't necessarily need to try a guitar to know if it has bad pickups or not.

OT, the Vendetta and ML don't look half-bad. Not a big fan of the Splittail though.
Quote by Colgate Total
The lack of the name "Dimebag" is why the price is what it is.

+1
Quote by Issor
Or you can buy a Michael Kelly hex deluxe with better pickups and an ofr, and it won't look like ass.

Actually the Vendetta and even the ML look much better than anything Dean has put out in years (way better than all the crappy graphics and Deadbag guitars). Also I have to laugh at Dean trying to say the splittail is original. Gibson made those ages ago. Dean may have been the first to put the design into production but its hardly their own original creation.
And the Time Capsule pickups are replicas of the old DiMarzio Super Distortion.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I want the transblack ATF3000

But ive only seen professional photo's of it, so im not sure how the finish will look in real life.
Dean is still good when they stop whining about Dimebag and doing tributes. First one looks great, reminds me of the ESP Horizion though.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Yeah my dean had time capsuels and an OFR, the pups are awesome in hardtails but dont hold up in FR guitars.

The Splittail is actually original has it has four main differences to gibsons SGV and ZV. Thats what they ment when they said original from talking to a Dean Rep
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Okay, I have to say I do like the way the first one looks. The others, no way. The first one is quite nice. Headstock isn't too bad either.
Quote by wair138
Dean is still good when they stop whining about Dimebag and doing tributes. First one looks great, reminds me of the ESP Horizion though.

did u see the neck joint/heel on the vendetta? it looks sick
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
****ty wood, though. Low quality parts with a high quality trem on it is still ****ty parts overall.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Dean?

*leaves thread*
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
If I had to guess, it's probably those budget Korean FR's most companies use on their lower end lines that have "OFRs". I still would consider one though if it was made half decently and wasn't a tonal deadweight.
My razorback V came with a licensed FR and was a real good quality trem for a licensed it moved nice, held tune, good sustain and the fine tuners worked real well, I did however swap it with a OFR from my deceased Jackson and it fit perfectly.
Quote by potatohead_33
Headstock fail

they had it right on the vendetta but the rest are just ugly
~Defiant~
Quote by devit
did u see the neck joint/heel on the vendetta? it looks sick

Reminds me of Schecter's Ultra-Access...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
DMT Time Capsules are pretty hot. I played the guitar in the second link. Quite sexy and very playable.

Any Dean under $500 should be avoided, unless you want a 7 string Vendetta for the hell of buying a 7 string and seeing if you will end up liking it or not, or if you're a beginner. Vendetta's aren't that bad for the price, either.
Quote by TheOpenMind
+1, my friend, +1.

I don't get it.

Leeching off of Dimebag's death is not a good thing, but they were making good guitars before and after the incident. People are biased against them now with no real reason to hate them.

Look at Gibson: their most popular model is, and has always been, a signature of a recently diceased artist (which he contributed little to the design of). You don't hear anyone complaining.

Mahogany, maple and OFR for that price is pretty good. We'll see how it'll be quality wise. However, it is true that other manufacturers are offering this, too.
Quote by TheOpenMind
+1, my friend, +1.

Your username and your post are contrasting....
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

I'll keep a positive attitude towards Deans. The quality might have gone down the ****ter, but there's no doubt in my mind that it'll go back up.

Deans with OFR's for under $1,000 only makes guitars that have LFR's for almost $1,000 jealous.
Quote by potatohead_33
Headstock fail

I think the dime headstocks kinda look nice on the V's kinda like X marks the spot.
It'd be embarassing to own a Dean unless it was from the early 90s, or earlier.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by sashki
I don't get it.

Leeching off of Dimebag's death is not a good thing, but they were making good guitars before and after the incident. People are biased against them now with no real reason to hate them.

Look at Gibson: their most popular model is, and has always been, a signature of a recently diceased artist (which he contributed little to the design of). You don't hear anyone complaining.

Mahogany, maple and OFR for that price is pretty good. We'll see how it'll be quality wise. However, it is true that other manufacturers are offering this, too.

+1

Same could be said about Jackson and Randy Rhoads. Jackson comes out with new RR series guitars every year and you don't hear "stop killing his name or they are making money off a dead guy! wah wah." It is all bias because people are idiots.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Sep 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 2