Fightin' with the legends of yore!

I must say that I was really skeptical about how cool this game would actually be, but after playing it a few times I've found that it's actually really awesome. Not to mention that it's also really addicting. Last week my group played 5 nights in a row until 4 or 5 am (unemployment ftw!). Anyways I thought I'd make this thread for D&D players to talk about any cool campaigns, characters, etc. that you've played (or run people through). Have at it!
D&D hasn't been worth playing since version 3 came out, WotC really fucked that game in the ass.

Quote by RiotSquad
virgin?

Regardless of what you may think there are actually a good number of girls into D&D as well, plus most poeple who play it actualy have lives outside of that sort of thing.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by RiotSquad
virgin?

Definitely. And I also still live with my mom.

Feel free to actually comment on the game.

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
D&D hasn't been worth playing since version 3 came out, WotC really fucked that game in the ass.

Really? What changes made it worse? I play 3.5 and I enjoy it quite a bit.
Last edited by arabito at Aug 10, 2009,
Meh, too much math.

I'll stick to video game RPGs that count for me.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by sneyob
Meh, too much math.

I'll stick to video game RPGs that count for me.

It is more work, but it's also a lot more open than the computer controlled games. It's definitely worth a try if you can find a group.
Not really that much math, it is basic addition and subtraction.. I haven't played in a good two or three years, but I might when I go back to college (Sunday through Wednesday are boring)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I used to play a lot. It's a lot of fun if you have a good group to play with. Once you get older, though, it gets much harder to devote that much time and effort to a game.

On a side note, has anyone here played 4th Edition? How is it?
Death to Ovation haters!
**** that. I don't wanna think when I play games, I wanna be able to be stoned and still be good.
Quote by PatchworkMan

On a side note, has anyone here played 4th Edition? How is it?

I played a demo of it, they really dumbed it down and made it play more by like MMORPG rules.

Quote by arabito

Really? What changes made it worse? I play 3.5 and I enjoy it quite a bit.

They completely retooled combat and whatnot, and they added a bunch of unnecessary crap that makes it too reliant on the books IMO. I also really don't like how classes are handled (and then 4th edition came along and really fucked this up)

Quote by ToughGuy123
**** that. I don't wanna think when I play games, I wanna be able to be stoned and still be good.

I play D&D stoned all the time, sure it makes the differential calculus required for skill checks more difficult, but it's still a lot of fun.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Aug 10, 2009,
D&D stoned is great! Especially whenever the DM is doing descriptions and whatnot.

And yeah, you do need to look up a ton of stuff for spells and whatnot, but I don't think it's really a big deal. If you're a hardcore MMO player, you'd probably spend just as much time reading about specs and game mechanics anyway.
Last edited by arabito at Aug 10, 2009,
I used to play when I was in the 6th and 7th grade with my bro and some of his friends...

then I was like "I want to get laid in the future...I need to stop playing this crap"

But i can't it wasn't fun, I used to love gettin together and ordering pizza and junk food and just playing for like 10 hours. T'was fun
I thought this would be a Stephen Lynch thread.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Quote by arabito
It's D&D!

Fightin' with the legends of yore!

It's D&D!

Never kissed a lady before.
Nope!

So anyone got some cool campaign stories to share?

We just finished a evil conquest one where we basically took over an entire continent and exterminated the human race. It was pretty sweet. We had some vampires with us too, so when we sieged a city, we would have them fly in at night and kill the watchmen and open the gates. Good stuff.
how weak and pathetic are you people who think its impossible to play a game like dnd and have a life at the same time