Well i believe i might be getting a JCM 2000 TSL tomorrow for real cheap, and ive been told to get the metal tones out of it that i want im ganna need an OD..

Im lookin for somethin to push the gain into heavy territory, such as All that remains, Trivium, cannibal corpse, etc. and im wondering what your guys' opinion is on a good OD.. i dont really have a budget, but preferably nothing too expensive, i've been told an OCD has a lot of gain already, perhaps that is a good option?

Ill be running it through a custom iceman with blackouts, and the TSL..
Marshalls in general are pretty bad platforms for high gain. I'd look elsewhere, unless your heart is set on it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Well, i've played it and really enjoy the tone, it can get pretty heavy, but i didnt know if a good OD would push it over the edge, and i dont have a grand lyin around for a triple rec.. so yeah
my good ol' tubescreamer pushes my JCM800 into pretty heavy terretory, but i'm sure there are probably better options. the OCD is a great pedal, but i thought it was more of a standalone overdrive than a boost
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
I recall some people saying they use it as a boost. Perhaps its not what im looking for than?Other than the OCD what are some recomendations? im heading to GC tomorrow so ill try a few out while im there
i'd check out an ibanez tubescreamer, it might be what you're looking for. also, check out some of the MXR overdrives, especially the Zakk wylde one. i played it a few months ago at GC, and it sounded great both on the amp's clean channel and OD channel. the Digitech bad monkey might be good too
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Here are some suggestions-

Ibanez TS808
Fulltone OCD
MXR ZW OD
MXR Distortion III (works surprisingly well as a boost)
Digitech Bad Monkey

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Here are some suggestions-

Ibanez TS808
Fulltone OCD
MXR ZW OD
MXR Distortion III (works surprisingly well as a boost)
Digitech Bad Monkey

This is what you'll find at GC. OCD if you're lucky

The ZW one is a modded boss sd-1

bad monkey is an awesome budget od

ts808 is a classic. I cant remember if the new ones are true bypass

mxr distortion III is a nice boost as said above
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Hmm.. One i didnt consider, what do you guys think of a BBE boosta grande?