Ok.. So im in this debacle with my friend/drummer. I'm basically quitting the band because of creative difficulties. But halfway into our argument, I'm starting to regret what i'm doing. Like, I'm not that great a guitarist and this might be my shot to be in a band. But at the same time, I feel like it isn't the right thing for me to do, to stay in. The guy (drummer) made the band to make money and impress girls. If you were to here our stuff, its obvious. NOTHING cuts through but drums. I have a passion for music and it's obvious this dude doesn't. He's into all that scream slit your wrist crap whiney voice emo music. Basically whatever the girl he's hitting on likes.

So my question is should I stay and demoralize my passion or leave and risk never being able to do what I love?

you will always have another chance to be in another band, tell the drummer to shove it!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Stay for the experience and fun, and at the same time try to find or form another band where you can play what you actually like.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Aug 10, 2009,
Try making your own band and play whatever you like. Keep in touch with drummer so you play with him whenever you feel emo.
Quote by whalepudding
Stay for the experience and fun, and at the same time try to find or form another band where you can play what you actually like.

+1

Quote by ToughGuy123
They won't get famous, don't worry.

+1
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
The guy isn't talking back now. I'm guessing he's ignoring me or I broke his heart.

I've been in at least five such bands which never succeeded. Now I'm taking matters into my own hands and starting my own band. I suggest you try it.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
if you love it so you will have other chances.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I'm just skeptical because I live in a town where me and him were the only people who listened to a type of rock music. Everyone here is into "gangsta" stuff.

Quote by MinterMan22
Ok.. So im in this debacle

I stopped there
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by MinterMan22
I'm just skeptical because I live in a town where me and him were the only people who listened to a type of rock music. Everyone here is into "gangsta" stuff.

What a ****ing disgrace. You got to tell the drummer you're sorry and keep rocking. If you're good maybe some other players will pop out and you can start a new band or grow the old one. But you need your drummer.
Tell the drummer what you told us. If he can't stop being a douche, then bust outta there.
Actually, I have now read your post, and I do think you should quit the band. Don't kid anyone, and don't be someone you're not just to be playing music.

Edit: TS's avatar:
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Aug 10, 2009,
Quote by PooKoo
I personally don't care, and I bet your band sucks.

Putting this in the Pit, I was expecting that .

But seriously GTFO if you're not going to help.

the bandleading forum is where questions about being in a band belong.
from daylight...
...into darkness