Hey UG, iv'e aquired a real cheap, used Hot Rod Deluxe and am quite happy with it, especially the cleans. I'm a guy who enjoys playing mainly blues and classic rock. However, from time to time I do venture out and play some Metallica, Van Halen, Tool...etc. Is there a distortion or OD that would allow me to get a good solid heavier sound?

Thanks
whats your budget? the zvex box of rock or box of metal is nice if you've got cash, or maybe some of those seymor duncan pedals
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
MI Audio Crunchbox
Lovepedal ProValve (my favorite)
ZVex Box of Rock
Wampler Plextortion
Wampler Pinnacle (especially for Van Halen; brown sound in a stompbox)
Tech 21 SansAmp
Lovepedal Purple Plexi
Lovepedal Les Lui
Radial ToneBone Hot British

These are all really good dirtboxes. Check ProGuitarShop on Youtube, or on their website proguitarshop.com so that you can hear the pedal demos without Youtube's compression issues.

Also, take a look into the Maxon TBO-9.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
thats a pretty nice budget for a distortion/OD pedal. i'd check out the zvex box of rock/box of metal, the MI audio crunchbox, the seymour duncan power grid, and some of the radial tonebone bedals. also, maybe some of the MXR distortions. i've heard good things about them
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
haha well, lets just say that i'd definately prefer to spend less money on a pedal, and ebay is an option for sure, but considering the amp i have this is really going to be my primary distortion...so i want it good!!! You know what i mean
I'm sure it could. Go to proguitarshop's website, and look through the distortion demos. They have quite a few. Check out the ones I listed, and the others suggested.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13

Wampler Plextortion
Wampler Pinnacle (especially for Van Halen; brown sound in a stompbox)

I love that site, his stuff seems to be really nice. Nice to see someone else who knows who he is
well thanks alot guys especially stratman, I enjoyed the ProValve but think i might be leaning toward one of the zvex's especially since I can pick one up off ebay pretty cheap, hopefully my local guitarshop will carry some of these so i can give them a try firsthand!
the OCD sounds amazing through a HRD
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}