Okay, I think that in the first picture those are slides. ------3/5------7/5/7-----
^ slide down and back up
The parenthesis notes, I think they are ghost notes. Don't ask me how to play them, I just pluck them too, but not as strong.
Quote by Fiire
Okay, I think that in the first picture those are slides. ------3/5------7/5/7-----
^ slide down and back up
The parenthesis notes, I think they are ghost notes. Don't ask me how to play them, I just pluck them too, but not as strong.

Hm, I'm not sure, I got really confused when I saw it lol. Thanks alot though
first ones a slide, slide down to five then up to seven, the last ones a ghost note. you dont have to play it but it doesnt matter if you do.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
first ones a slide, slide down to five then up to seven, the last ones a ghost note. you dont have to play it but it doesnt matter if you do.

Thanks!

Appreciate the input guys
If that first song is from Scar Tissue, note that John plays it with a slide. And by that I mean a plastic or metal thing that goes on your finger You can get a similar sound by sliding with your finger, but the note may die out if you catch my drift.

I would personally ignore the brackets, just play them as you would if the brackets weren't. That second slide says you should start with a ghost note and slide it into a real note! Wow, don't try this at home kids!

John has a really loose way of playing the guitar, if you try to get it technically perfect, you're risking loosing the character of the song.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud