Is it true that the line 6 spider III series amps have a setting called "stinkfist" for it?
and if so,does it really sound like adam jones' tone?? I apologize if this is all irrelavate information,i heard something about it over youtube.
I have a spider 3 and the stinkfist tone does sound close IMO. Try the amp first before even considering on buying. Some of the pre-set tones in the memory bank are waaay off. The deftones setting sounds nuthin like stephen carpenter for instance.
nah,i had just heard about it and was wondering.i have no idea if this is going to be the amp i'm going to end up buying though,but i'm definatly going to try it once the time comes.

thank you for the input
Line 6 Spider III series amps are very good at nailing a particular tone if you just play a single note or chord and let it ring out, but during normal playing they sound terrible. They don't react as an amp should, it sounds like you're constantly playing through a computer program.

Generally speaking, modelling amps are good ideas on paper but in practise they're rarely anything but terrible.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
dont get a spider, they suck.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
The line 6 amps sound really aweful. The plan was to have bogner set them up with a really good amp design. Bogner did it then line 6 developed a range of settings in it, put it in the wrong place in the series of the amp and tweaked it then it just got worse.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
peavey vyper if you're going for that price range and a modeling amp. Sure it doesn't have artist presets, but it does sound good, which is a plus.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by MrFlibble
Line 6 Spider III series amps are very good at nailing a particular tone if you just play a single note or chord and let it ring out, but during normal playing they sound terrible. They don't react as an amp should, it sounds like you're constantly playing through a computer program.

Generally speaking, modelling amps are good ideas on paper but in practise they're rarely anything but terrible.

it's only really the spider and some behringer modellers (and probably a few others that nobody has heard of) that are really that bad. the high end stuff is actually very good.. although they never have any character which is the very reason tube amps will never be obsolete no matter how good modelling amps get.

Quote by nav00
The line 6 amps sound really aweful. The plan was to have bogner set them up with a really good amp design. Bogner did it then line 6 developed a range of settings in it, put it in the wrong place in the series of the amp and tweaked it then it just got worse.

Do you live under a rock only to come out every now and again to shout "line 6 sucks?!"?? Bogner worked with Line 6 on the spider valve. which, funnily enough, is completely different to the spider III in every way except the controls. and the spider III isn't the only amp line 6 makes, but it's the only guitar amp they make that sucks.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by Blompcube
it's only really the spider and some behringer modellers (and probably a few others that nobody has heard of) that are really that bad. the high end stuff is actually very good.. although they never have any character which is the very reason tube amps will never be obsolete no matter how good modelling amps get.

Do you live under a rock only to come out every now and again to shout "line 6 sucks?!"?? Bogner worked with Line 6 on the spider valve. which, funnily enough, is completely different to the spider III in every way except the controls. and the spider III isn't the only amp line 6 makes, but it's the only guitar amp they make that sucks.

Bogner also helped on the design of the solid states too. I know i use their software and its awesome, if u look into my past posts ive defended line 6, they make great software but personally ive never found an amp ive liked from them. Ive also tried 13 of their amps.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
Bogner also helped on the design of the solid states too. I know i use their software and its awesome, if u look into my past posts ive defended line 6, they make great software but personally ive never found an amp ive liked from them. Ive also tried 13 of their amps.

surely if bogner had anything to do with the spider III it would say "Bogner" all over it just like the SV. they wouldn't have kept quiet about it since the spider III is all marketing hype and no tone, certainly not helped by the crap quality of the actual hardware. So i doubt there's much truth in that, but if you can prove me wrong...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Line 6 asked bogner to design it, they had more input in the valve range, the just sent them a Basic design for the ss stuff, if you dont believe me though i dont mind.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs