What style of music do you play, what's your budget, what guitar & pedals do you have, and where are you located?
A Fender Twin sold on my local Craigslist recently for $500 but it needed some work so that may be a decent deal.
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
In all honesty, a 'clone' would be much better than buying a vintage amp - the tonal benefits don't really outweigh the issues of owning an older amp.
You'll have to take into account that an amp more than 15-25 years old with the original capacitors is sooner or later going to need some fairly major work doing - probably within a few years.

A good modern Fender Twin clone will sound almost identical, but considerably more reliable.
^ Are you aware that the Led Zeppelin picture in your avatar looks like a giant dildo?

I'm with Kyle on this one, older (like, 20+ years older) amps might sound 20% better than their modern counterparts, but might also be 50% less reliable.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^I have a 1967 Super Reverb original caps and it is working fine with no problems.

Agreed. My Band's other Guitarist uses a 64 SR, the only thing changed is the tubes. Those old BF's are built like a tank.

That being said, if you want amp gain, not pedal gain, you want something else.

The Fender Twin Reverb is easily the best amps for cleans. I cant think of anything that could be better that I have played, maybe a Custom Amp I jammed on somewhere....
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I dont understand, if vintage amps are more valuable than reissues, why are these vintage amps going for like $800 and reissues on musiciansfriend.com go for $1400?
Quote by djjazzyjames7
I dont understand, if vintage amps are more valuable than reissues, why are these vintage amps going for like $800 and reissues on musiciansfriend.com go for $1400?

Because market price on a 65 Blackface isnt set in stone. Its only worth what you and I will pay for it. They sell for over a G when there in decent condition, find one in mint/new condition and your looking at 5-8 grand in some cases. Asthetics cost money. Torn Tolex, Cigarette burns, ripped tweed, these all decrease the value of a vintage amp, but they dont degrade the sound necesarily. Theres something to be said for a musician who uses a 30 year old amplifier.

also, is the super reverb just the twin with more power?

The Super Reverb has 4 10" speakers, the Twin has 2 12"s. I have no idea what the wattage difference is, if there is any.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
The Twin is something like 85 and the SR is 45. I like the Super Reverb more because of the more middy 10 inch speakers and the crankability. Plenty of clean headroom but you can crank it pretty good too. Sounds amazing.