I just bought this vintage kingston acoustic guitar it's a 6 string he didn't know the model or age. Can someone help me identify this guitar?

Thanks

Also he said it has a crack in the end of the pick plate where the screw is, (last photo) How should I fix this?

As far as the pickguard goes, I'd either try to glue it or cut a new one out of wood. Pretty, pretty guitar you've got there.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by MetalGuitarest
no serial numer or anything on it/.?

He said that there was no stickers or nothing on the in side of it and. That he couldn't find any thing else other then the kingston on the headstock. I can't wait to get it, just going by the pictures does everthing look ok?
Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Aug 11, 2009,
Some super-glue should do that pic guard wonders. Just make sure you're able to get rid of any excess glue quickly and easily so it looks as good as new.

I can't read from the image, what's it say on the headstock? That info will certainly help narrow down possibilities.

edit: you answered the headstock question before I posted. heh
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by asfastasdark
As far as the pickguard goes, I'd either try to glue it or cut a new one out of wood. Pretty, pretty guitar you've got there.

Thanks as soon as I saw it I had to have it for my maximum bid. I put $275 just to make sure that I won it.

Here is the rest ot the pictures I hope they help

Quote by YouWantToKillME
Thanks as soon as I saw it I had to have it for my maximum bid. I put $275 just to make sure that I won it.

i know you dont want to hear it but you overpaid by atleast $100. kingstons are just cheap jap acoustics from the 60's and 70's. $275 is a lot for one, especially one that isnt exactly in mint condition.

plus i'm pretty sure they glued their bridges on so i dont know why there is a screw going thru your bridge. plus i find it troubling that it looks like a drywall screw.

i may be wrong though. just going off of what i know. a friend of mine had a kingston that looked just like yours. hell, it may even be the same one since he had his 15 years ago.
idk if this helps but heres some pics of one i was fixed up for a friend a little bit ago.., looks to be the same style.

enjoy, they sound pretty damn good for a cheaper acoustic. well this one did.
Quote by noisefarmer
i know you dont want to hear it but you overpaid by atleast $100. kingstons are just cheap jap acoustics from the 60's and 70's. $275 is a lot for one, especially one that isnt exactly in mint condition.

plus i'm pretty sure they glued their bridges on so i dont know why there is a screw going thru your bridge. plus i find it troubling that it looks like a drywall screw.

That was just the maximum bid amount I only paid $97.55 plus shipping

There is another screw on the other side

Thanks (POWERMETAL!) I love that headstock logo do you have another clearer picture of it?
Quote by YouWantToKillME
That was just the maximum bid amount I only paid $97.55 plus shipping

There is another screw on the other side

Thanks (POWERMETAL!) I love that headstock logo do you have another clearer picture of it?

Hmm.
Maybe its me, but I dont believe thats the original bridge that came with that guitar.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Hmm.
Maybe its me, but I dont believe thats the original bridge that came with that guitar.

i dont think it is either. looks like there are 2 screws holding it down but it appears that there are 4 screw holes.
I have never seen a bridge that looks like that either that's another thing that made me want to buy it.
Quote by noisefarmer
i dont think it is either. looks like there are 2 screws holding it down but it appears that there are 4 screw holes.

Actually, That bridge looks like it came off of a classical guitar.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
He emailed me back today and said that's all the info he had on it. He bought it at an estate sell the tag said 6 string kingston acoustic guitar from the mid 60's. Lets just say I'm not as happy as I was last night about buying it.