I'm using a Classic 30 combo through an Avatar 4x12 and all I can hear is my crappy Blue Marvel when I'm standing. I have to duck down to hear my 4 awesome Eminence speakers which sound great with overdrive. Do you guys angle your cabs or somehow get it to ear level or do you just live with it?

I realize it won't matter for shows, but I like to hear myself at practice.
Yeah same i have to be standing behind my amp sometimes for it to sound really beast.
its weird and sometimes i angle it aiming up.xD
it depends on your prefference.
You can angle it by putting some carpet between the cab and wall and just leaning it on the wall, or if you have some sort of small but sturdy table you can put it on that to have it higher. I prefer having it higher up like on a table.
I set my AVT on a busted chair, that's missing the back. Dramatically changes the bass response.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Ghold125
Disconnect the speaker of the C30?

Wouldn't work. I'm running a 16 ohm 4x12 and a 16 ohm speaker in the amp which combine to form an 8 ohm load for the amp. So I'd need a new cab if I did that.
Get a better speaker for the C30? Maybe take the C30 down from on top of the cab?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I did this once on a conveniently-placed shelf.

It was both awesome and totally unnecessary.

Quote by greggybhoy
Swap the speakers?

+1

Or another idea that would require some easy modding an ingenuity is to make a small load box, add an on/off switch for it. After that, you wire the lead that goes from the amp into the loadbox. After that you make a new wire from the speaker and either make one with a lead that connects to the loadbox or sold it straight to the input. Then you could probably mount this little box in the amp chassis. After that, you can turn off the speaker and let the loadbox take the load (hence the impedance will match) but you can turn on the speaker too.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Aug 11, 2009,