Page 1 of 2
In my area, there is only one good radio station. The rest are either country, or just unbearably horrible (there's one called Z100 that plays only pop and rap; I mean the worst of the worst). It's called 99.9 The Carp, and it was recently closed by Maverick Media because they're complete and total dumbasses.
They replaced it with Bob 99.9. It plays everything. Literally, everything. Once in a while, there is a good song, but then usually after, it will go to some crap country dance music or some rap stuff that makes me want to jump out of the car immediatly. Also, it's run out of Canada, apparently.
What I'm asking is, could you please sign the below petition? Everyone in the area is pissed off about it, and there are already large groups about it on Myspace and Facebook (I'm a member of both). I know it's supposed to be for people who are actually in the area, but I figured it could help to boost the numbers a bit in hopes it might persuade Maverick Media.

http://www.petitiononline.com/thecarp/petition.html

Just remember, signing is a very small step towards preventing the spread of crappy music.

Edit: If you want, you can put UG FTW as a comment on it.
Last edited by herby190 at Aug 11, 2009,
Sounds "gay."
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
What's wrong with rap and country?
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by herby190
In my area, there is only one good radio station. The rest are either country, or just incredibly gay (there's one called Z100 that plays only pop and rap; I mean the worst of the worst). It's called 99.9 The Carp, and it was recently closed by Maverick Media because they're gay.
They replaced it with Bob 99.9. It plays everything. Literally, everything. Once in a while, there is a good song, but then usually after, it will go to some crap country dance music or some rap stuff that makes me want to jump out of the car immediatly. Also, it's run out of Canada, apparently.
What I'm asking is, could you please sign the below petition? Everyone in the area is pissed off about it, and there are already large groups about it on Myspace and Facebook (I'm members of both). I know it's supposed to be for people who are actually in the area, but I figured it could help to boost the numbers a bit in hopes it might persuade Maverick Media.

http://www.petitiononline.com/thecarp/petition.html

Just remember, signing is a very small step towards preventing the spread of crappy music.

Stop using gay as a deragatory term and you just might get respect from people.
i did the same thing happened here so i feel for you unlike all the other people who all of a sudden freak out at that usage of gay. which i happen to use alot. so sorry about your gay situation. i think saying that has nothing to do with people being homophobic
Last edited by zchavez09 at Aug 11, 2009,
I'd sign, but you seem really homophobic. Also, I thought this thread would be like people autographing things with their mind, like some crazy new science escapade.

ZOMG THEY TOOK MAH RADIO AWAY??!

Edit:
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Maybe he just meant that they play a lot of Elton John and Queen and Judas Priest and stuff.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by due 07
I'd sign, but you seem really homophobic. Also, I thought this thread would be like people autographing things with their mind, like some crazy new science escapade.

Nah, most partition threads like this fail.
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
Quote by Z_cup_boy

+1, why don't you go buy an mp3/mp4 or Ipod player and get a 9V and just use that to listen to songs? or why not even just download some music and put it on a
CD
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quite bitching and just enjoy music for what it is rather than complain when it isn't your style of music.

"Shut the **** up, and learn to buck up" - Cake
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Thank you.

Try last fm radio or something.

I still need something for in the car though. I have a couple 40-minute car-rides every week, so I need something.

Also, just to make things clear, I have nothing against people who are homosexual; I don't care what sexuality a person is, that's just the way they were born. Hating someone for that is no better than racism. I just use the word gay because it's a quick and easy way to get people to understand what you mean.
Quote by herby190
I still need something for in the car though. I have a couple 40-minute car-rides every week, so I need something.

Also, just to make things clear, I have nothing against people who are homosexual; I don't care what sexuality a person is, that's just the way they were born. Hating someone for that is no better than racism. I just use the word gay because it's a quick and easy way to get people to understand what you mean.

That is the ****ing problem - it is misleading.

you wouldn't use the term "wow that is so black" to mean something bad would you? Why not just say it's not to your liking?
EDIT: ^

Quote by herby190

My grandparents have these things called "Compact Discs." I hear they work well.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Arch1119
Quite bitching and just enjoy music for what it is rather than complain when it isn't your style of music.

"Shut the **** up, and learn to buck up" - Cake

I need something to listen to in the car; I have a couple 40-minute car-rides every weekend. It's this, or straight ****ing country, which causes only the post negative and suicidal thoughts in me. That, and Z100, which plays Hannah Montana, Rihanna, T-Pain, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, and all those other rap acts who honestly have no music talent.
Quote by Just Andrew
EDIT: ^

My grandparents have these things called "Compact Discs." I hear they work well.

My dads car doesn't have a CD player.
man people are being hard on him. who cares about his tastes in music just sign the thing i did and it took me like a minute at most
He can speak freely like I can do so to question his word usage.

And yes you can organise a good last fm radio station yourself.

People can listen to whatever they want. Listen to whatever you want on your own time.
Last edited by Z_cup_boy at Aug 11, 2009,
****ing hell i don't know what i thought this thread was gonna be about. I thought it was gonna be some story about telling deaf people who don't have good eyesight what you're saying through hand signs done with your mind or some crazy **** like that. ****, i'm tired.

so yeah, i didn't sign it. stop whining.
Quote by herby190
8 Track then?
Quote by Teh Forest King
Quote by reelbigfish2020
way to have a spine and speak freely

Sometimes it's necisary to make yourself or your message a little more representable to the public to make sure the message as a whole is understood or accepted; I really am asking for help here. If using the word gay as a demeaning or hateful term is going to make the petition get less signatures, then I will gladly take it out.
Quote by Just Andrew
8 Track then?

I'll have to look, but I don't think so. Anyways, can't say I have any tapes for it to play.
Quote by xaviergray
How about you LEARN THE CONCEPT OF AN OPINION and apply it to music. And I am thoroughly disappointed in this thread as I thought it was about signing an autograph on one's brain.

But the thing is, the station has no basis whatsoever. The idea behind it is terrible. It will play ANYTHING, therefore, anyone who listens and hears a song they like will most likely not like the next song. Each station plays a select few genres for a reason; to make it more enjoyable to it's target audience.
Quote by herby190
But the thing is, the station has no basis whatsoever. The idea behind it is terrible. It will play ANYTHING, therefore, anyone who listens and hears a song they like will most likely not like the next song. Each station plays a select few genres for a reason; to make it more enjoyable to it's target audience.

I was referring to your seemingly automatic dismissal of dance music, country and rap songs as crap.

XAVIEDIT: User below me, biggest facepalm in the world. The exact same thing could be said of guitar based music and it would be an equally valid opinion.
Last edited by xaviergray at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Just listen to the pop and rap. There's a lot to gain from it.

Please go swallow a knife.

*edit*

To user above me, What's your point? Clearly the TS does not like those types of music so why on earth would he suggest them?
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by xaviergray
I was referring to your seemingly automatic dismissal of dance music, country and rap songs as crap.

The one's they play are; I've been forced to listen to both the country station and Z100. Z100 plays only the most horrible, untalented people to ever dare to consider themselves musicians. I honestly prefer the country station over Z100. I still don't like the country station either; it all just seems so pointless to me. It's all just some acoustic guitar over the same 4/4 drumbeat while some guy talks about alcohol or why his wife left him or something. I know I'm probably just being hard on country, but that's all I hear. I usually just listen to the drummer for the rare fill as a way to block out the rest of the "music", although like I said, just about every country song I've ever heard uses the same drumbeat, with a fill every like, 16 measures.
Last edited by herby190 at Aug 11, 2009,
Quote by herby190

iPod/other mp3 player
Portable CD player
Get one installed

You have other options.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
iPod/other mp3 player
Portable CD player
Get one installed

You have other options.

My MP3 player is broken.
I have no money.
I find the statement "You have other options." to be incorrect.
Quote by herby190
My MP3 player is broken.
I have no money.
I find the statement "You have other options." to be incorrect.

Borrow a friend's.
Get some money.
Get a job.

Stop complaining, though. You DO have options, and if you continue to just dismiss them and say, "No, I can't do that, and I won't even try, kthnx," then that's your problem, not ours.

No offense or anything intended, so if this seems rude, I'm sorry.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by herby190
The one's they play are; I've been forced to listen to both the country station and Z100. Z100 plays only the most horrible, untalented people to ever dare to consider themselves musicians. I honestly prefer the country station over Z100. I still don't like the country station either; it all just seems so pointless to me. It's all just some acoustic guitar over the same 4/4 drumbeat while some guy talks about alcohol or why his wife left him or something. I know I'm probably just being hard on country, but that's all I hear. I usually just listen to the drummer for the rare fill as a way to block out the rest of the "music".

This is what I'm talking about. There is no such thing as "crap" music. Music is organized sounds made of varying frequencies. That's all it is. Some may be more "complex" than others (although that term in itself is pretty subjective). Some may rely on hooks to keep the song in your head. There is no universal "best song" or "worst song" or "best genre vs. worst genre". Sorry to burst your bubble, but people have vastly differing opinions. What you may consider good is probably dependent on what you associate it with; Emotional response to music is totally dependent on the listener. For example, I get shivers down my spine whenever I listen to the song "Everything In It's Right Place" by Radiohead, but the next guy might find it completely boring.

It's all subjective. Pretty much everything is subjective in one way or another. I dislike pop and country as much as you, but I don't consider it inferior to the music I listen to. I don't like country because it reminds me of riding in a car down a long highway in blistering heat, surrounded by farmland on all sides. This was a specific situation that was where the majority of my exposure to country music took place on several occasions, and it was a situation I've never cared for all that much. Another person might listen to it when they're with people they care for deeply, and when they listen to it it will remind them of those people. Those people will probably like it.

My point is that you can't really petition to close down a radio station simply because you don't like the mix of music they play. If it really bothers you just turn off the radio, there's plenty of other ways to listen to music in this age.

Quote by Guitarfreak777
Please go swallow a knife.

*edit*

To user above me, What's your point? Clearly the TS does not like those types of music so why on earth would he suggest them?

My point is that telling someone to "go swallow a knife" when they have different opinions than you is not at all unlike the mindset that Hitler had, except he acted on his views.
Last edited by xaviergray at Aug 11, 2009,
Isn't this disingenuous? They probably shut it down because it wasn't profitable, and now you're getting people who can't even listen to it to sign a petition to bring it back? Its just going to go under again.
Page 1 of 2