sorry i know there is at least one other post about this in the archives, but i couldt find a definitive answer/solution (excuse my poor attempt at sifting the net).

anyway, im playing one day in my house, and i decide to turn up the amp up a bit, not too loud though, under 3 still. so im there about to plunge into a chord and i hear a cricket report. i thought i had heard stuff before out of my amp, but never could i understand what they were saying.

i was wondering what the source of the transmission could be, ive read it can be pick ups, wah pedals, but i really am confused.

any help would be appreciated
This is a common occurence with some amps in some location.

Clearly, the best course of action is to bolt up your house wearing nothing but a tin foil hat.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
George Bush is in your amp.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
well when i first started playing i had this ibanez GRGM21 and ibanez combo, i never choped the ends of my strings off and i use to always get radio stuff, but now i always chop the ends off and i have a half stack and i dont get anything
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Run For The Hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
well i get this too, but if it my cable that kinda blows
its a monster bass cable and cost me lik m $60
i cut the ends of my strings so its not that
what could i do to try resolve this?
and would it be cable running from power to the amp?

my amp is a marshall 50 watt solid state and my guitar is a cheapy haha.
Last edited by au_chris at Aug 11, 2009,
My amp does this too. Of course, it's a Spider III... *facepalm* *leaves thread*
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

I'm finding new ways to make the same mistakes,
putting my dreams onto paper and then folding them into planes,
then I let them go because when in Rome,
I set fire to what I love the most.

i think its something with the pickups man...
how do they work, dont they "pick up" metal vibrations???
I have an MG and when i turn on my wah and distortion pedals i can get a few different stations.

So in the meantime...
mmmm yes pickups could be the problem, the guitar is $200 so im guessing the pickups are terrible quality. i have recently raised my pickups.......
Like someone above said it could be poor shielding, so it could be your pickups, cable, maybe other hardware. You might want to check the shielding in your guitar or try changing cables. I know there are some videos on youtube that show you how to shield your guitar so you don't get too much feedback and stuff.

Gear:
Ibanez RG5EX1
Yamaha Acoustic
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
you should the silent pickups whatever.
hah but does it matter, when i play i cant hear anything.
u should test it, the next time u hear it turn ur knobs so ur pickup volume is, well 0, and see if u can still hear it
i have no ideaa what type, theyre terrible thats all i know
ill see what happens turning the volume down, but i think when i did that before it went quite
this will take me a while to troubleshoot, so thanks for the advice everyone, ill post back when ive tried some of this out
Quote by au_chris
i have no ideaa what type, theyre terrible thats all i know
ill see what happens turning the volume down, but i think when i did that before it went quite
this will take me a while to troubleshoot, so thanks for the advice everyone, ill post back when ive tried some of this out

in that case just save up for a new guitar
I had a guitar where if you played your iPod close enough to the pickups, the music from the earbuds came out of the amp.

We called it 'Radio.'
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
Quote by Tanooki
I had a guitar where if you played your iPod close enough to the pickups, the music from the earbuds came out of the amp.

We called it 'Radio.'

lol All guitars do that. That's how pickups work.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?