So I'm looking for some good tunes and need some help. Right now, I've been pretty heavy into songs that are slow and get really heavy, or acoustic jams, or metal bands that are normally heavy that do some slow stuff too, I usually dig stuff with dark piano-y riffs, eh, it's hard to explain... so I'll give you a basic breakdown of what I already have, and you can recommend whatever you don't see.

- I love Opeth's Damnation album.
- I love Godsmack's Other Side album. Especially Running Blind and Asleep.
- Alice in Chains, of course. Love their acoustic stuff.
- Some more acoustic-y grungy stuff...Days of the New, Tantric, etc.
- Heavier bands that do great slow tunes...Metallica, Megadeth are the ones I primarily know of...
- Iced Earth's "Dracula" is a great example of something I'm looking for.
- Staind has some great acoustic **** that I'm really into.
- I love Tonic's "Let Me Go" off their Head On Straight album.
- I like Stone Temple Pilots' acoustic version of "Plush."
- I love how Disturbed did Darkness off their Believe album, that was really good.
- I love Slipknot's "Vermilion Pt. 2."

Anyone give me something outside of this? If I think of more, or if someone's already named something I have, I'll post.
-->Chris D.<--

that's like saying you might wanna try out this guitar but I just wanna warn you the action blows and it sounds like a bunch morons trying to screw a door knob

well, you could do those, or try expanding your musical pallete so to speak. explore different styles too.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
well, you could do those, or try expanding your musical pallete so to speak. explore different styles too.

Oh yeah, I have classical, country, rap, rock, metal, techno, reggae, I have tons...I'm just in a phase right now, and just looking for more.

Thanks for the post about DT, I'm listening to Deadhead right now, and it's amazing!!
-->Chris D.<--

that's like saying you might wanna try out this guitar but I just wanna warn you the action blows and it sounds like a bunch morons trying to screw a door knob

try out some Nirvana, as well as Stone Temple Pilots.

Also just check out some of your favorite songs and see if there are acoustic versions of them.
I think you should check out a **** load of Giant Squid, both of their albums are insane.
ISIS and pelican are definitely worth looking into.
And Mastodon is an extremely versatile metal band.
Quote by The Pickle Man
I think you should check out a **** load of Giant Squid, both of their albums are insane.
ISIS and pelican are definitely worth looking into.
And Mastodon is an extremely versatile metal band.

I actually saw Isis and Pelican when they were in my area about a month and a half ago I think. I liked Isis, and appreciated Pelican, but I'm not a huge drone metal fan, it's good for the first 5 or 6 minutes, then it's like...it has to be really catchy for me to enjoy it.

Never heard of Giant Squid, I'll check 'em out.

As for Nirvana to the other poster, I'm not a huge fan, although I do like some of their stuff, and I do like STP.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
-->Chris D.<--

Quote by reelbigfish2020
maybe youd enjoy some soundgarden or mushroomhead or stonesour. uhm, check out nothingface.

I enjoy a lot of Stone Sour actually, I like some Soundgarden...Nothingface is okay, but only a couple of their tracks, my roommate is hardcore into them.

I will look into Mushroomhead though.
-->Chris D.<--

try out various kinds of doom:
seventh void are doom, but with a very rock vibe.
electric wizard are very slow and heavy - check out dopethrone and witchcult today
acid king are a bit like electric wizard

for pianos and stuff, you might like some funeral doom (such as ahab) or stuff like my dying bride. for that kind of vibe (but without pianos) daylight dies are really good too.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Listen to some Tool. The album Lateralus is amazing, and will probably be something you might like. You might prefer some of their older stuff, I don't know. Check out these songs anyway:

Schism
Parabola
Stinkfist
Cold & Ugly
Jambi
Rosetta Stoned
Sober
Quote by thedarkblues06
I actually saw Isis and Pelican when they were in my area about a month and a half ago I think. I liked Isis, and appreciated Pelican, but I'm not a huge drone metal fan, it's good for the first 5 or 6 minutes, then it's like...it has to be really catchy for me to enjoy it.

Never heard of Giant Squid, I'll check 'em out.

As for Nirvana to the other poster, I'm not a huge fan, although I do like some of their stuff, and I do like STP.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

If you don't like the lengthy drone aspects of Pelican, which is what most of their older work is like, you might really enjoy the City of Echoes album. The songs are much shorter, based on progression of passages rather than repetition, and there are a lot of cool clean textures.

Also, may I add, you are incredibly lucky to have been able to see that. I wish there were good concerts in Newfoundland.