Hey folks, I was looking up some guitar specs and stumbled across the jtk30 and I've fallen in love with the sound of that guitar (not to mention that wonderful body style) and I scoured the interwebs for the last twentyfour hours but have been unable to determine how much it weighs. I'm a small chick, 5'2" and I heard that this series of guitars is quite heavy. Can anyone specify a bit more and let me know whether it would be too much for someone like me to handle? If so, are there any guitars with similar body styles/sound at a similar low price that are lighter (I have the feeling that was a dumb question)? I'm on quite a tight budget. Sorry for the inconvenience folks, I'm just trying to hunt down a good guitar. =)

Peace, Love, and Arsenic Trioxide,
J.T.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
The ORM-1 is the same body style, but a little bit smaller, with a 24" scale neck. It's really slim but without the U shape of Wizard necks. In all honesty, since I've gotten it, it's become my favourite guitar. I can't recommend it enough.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Can't recommend it? I guess I'm just a little worried as I most likely wont be able to try it out first as nobody near here carries it... I've played quite a few electrics, I held an epi les paul of my friend's once and found it to be on the heavier side and I heard the jet kings were heavier than les pauls.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Can't recommend it enough. As in, if I screamed about how great it was, made a billboard and spammed UG for months, I'd still not have shown how happy I am with it. I love it a lot.

Mine was hard to find, but pretty much as soon as I touched it, it was perfect. My other guitars all feel kinda overly thick necked and bulky now.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
wow... ok now I REALLY want it haha.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
I have to admit though I'm still a little uncertain. The weight really has me worried...
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
It's not a heavy guitar by any means. Get a cushy strap and you won't even feel it. Or go pick up a vintage tele or les paul, then pick the Ibanez up. It'll feel like it's floating in your hands. Hell, my vintage spec tele weighs more than my P-bass.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
thanks that makes me feel better. I heard people saying it was terrible in that department and I was getting concerned. I think I may have to go for it now.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
If you're after something MUCH lighter, but with a similar design aesthetic (though perhaps not necessarily the same sound), you might consider Danelectro.

http://www.danguitars.com/

Not necessarily the best place to order from, as you could maybe find them cheaper elsewhere, but this site's pretty good in terms of introducing you to the brand.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
I looked at the Danelectro's before and there's something about them I just don't like. I'm not sure what =/ I wish I could place it but I think something with the body styles are just a little off to me.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone