Page 1 of 2
Although the location begs to differ, that may actually be legit. That's not a BIN price, that's the start of the auction. There's no way to judge it on low price alone. I can't see the truss rod cover for the obvious 3 screw giveaway, but the knobs look to be placed properly. Case checks out as far as I can see. Could be legit!

Edit: enlarged the image...the case doesn't look like mine, but I have an old SG. The truss rod cover looks fishy at the bottom, and the shape of the shoulder is funky. Not feeling so sure.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Aug 11, 2009,
yeah i have a fake gibson actually and it looks a lot like this one, also there's no way anyone in there right mind would sell gibson les pauls for cheaper than epiphone les pauls cost
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Quote by Sid McCall
Although the location begs to differ, that may actually be legit. That's not a BIN price, that's the start of the auction.

It is the Buy It Now price.
The dead giveaway: All REAL Gibsons have the serial number IMPRINTED on the back of the headstock.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Quote by aznguitarg0d

No, your not going to find a bargain Gibson at that price. I'm in HK though, ask the guy where he is and if you can come check it out and I'll go over and play it and see if its real or not
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
gibson doesn't uses basswood on a les paul custom and the neck shouldn't be made from maple its supposed to be mahogany
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Everything on that guitar looks as legit as it can get. Logo is placed right, Truss rod cover has 2 screws, all the knobs look right, but I still can't see how they are selling a 3k guitar for 350.The only thing that looks weird to me is the pickguard, but when I look at real Gibson's they look identical anyway. Its just something looks off on it but Im not sure what. But it may be a hit or a miss with it, but its a beautiful guitar either way. Personally, I'd go for it, and either keep it the way it is if it plays nice, or mod the hell out of it if you don't like it.
The grammar is a big tip off.Fake.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by aznguitarg0d
lol i cant even see the serial number

Which is why you ask the seller if the serial is imprinted or stamped. It looks stamped because you can easily tell there is a serial number thats a different color than the guitar. Fake. Say all you want, but Guitar Center has entire training courses for all the tell tale signs. Fake as ****.
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
haha i'm not saying you're wrong
i'm just trying to learn how to tell real gibsons from fakes
besides that ridiculous price, of course
The info says it has an ebony fretboard like most Custom models, but that's Rosewood or I'll be damned.

Simply fake. Very good, but fake.
It is fake, of course. But one of the more convincing ones. I might be tempted to buy one if it has a different name on it.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

It's obviously fake... the fretboard, headstock and pickups are facing the wrong way. Dead giveaway.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by aznguitarg0d
k so would you guys recommend me getting this or an epi lp custom

Epi. Not to mention that IIRC, owning a copy is illegal (though not the kind of illegal you have to worry about).
it looked legit at first, but the headstock gave it away after jayt44 mentioned it. The bottom tuners are way to close to the curve. and the top of the headstock just looks weird.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by grayfox1001
it looked legit at first, but the headstock gave it away after jayt44 mentioned it. The bottom tuners are way to close to the curve. and the top of the headstock just looks weird.

LMAO. I was being sarcastic dude. But that's cool if I helped you out somehow.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
LMAO. I was being sarcastic dude. But that's cool if I helped you out somehow.

I figured when you said the pickups are facing the wrong way lol, but the headstock is still very fishy. But honestly the most obvious giveaway is the body wood.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)

Different fretboard and the distance between the top tuner and the end of the headstock is different.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
no matter how legit the picture might look (even though in this case it doesn't look very legit!), it's still going to be a fake at that price.

i think you can't use the picture for reference most of the time as these companies could've bought an actual gibson les paul custom and used it for reference to copy from, and for their ebay photos.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
so fake. truss rod cover epic giveaway. anyways is it was real why sell that cheap?
Fake!
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
gibson doesn't uses basswood on a les paul custom and the neck shouldn't be made from maple its supposed to be mahogany

Everyone seems hung up on the little details when quite simply what this guy said is 100% true and makes this 100% fake. it says in the auction that it is made from basswood and maple... since when did gibson make them out of those? its fake and isnt worth that kind of money. I dont know much as I dont live in the US, but isnt that Agile prices? Get yourself a good guitar rather than expensive firewood
Personally, I would buy it. When you get it, closely examine it. If it is a copy, I believe pay pal will cover you.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Tuners are too close to the edge. The pickguard has the wrong shape at the cutaway. The truss rod cover, while it certainly only has two screws, it is a really fishy shape and is not beveled properly. The fretboard appears to be rosewood. The diamond inlay on the headstock is WAAAYY too short. Et cetera.

But the listing is clearly described as "genuine", so I don't know what to think.
Quote by Ian hawkins
The grammar is a big tip off.Fake.

+1
Spelling is bad too.
Also, look at the name: "suizhouyang616bj"
A Chinese seller.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Personally, I would buy it. When you get it, closely examine it. If it is a copy, I believe pay pal will cover you.

There is no IF about it. It is 100% fake. Do not buy it
you may want to ask the seller for a serial number and search it online and you can find where the guitar was made and if its legit.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
and also tehe seller has very good ratings...if its fake that would be interesting...
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
and FREE international shipping seems weird...especially coming from hong kong...
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
and sorry for a 4th post but if you look at his other items youll notice he is also selling an epiphone for the same price...hmmm....
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Page 1 of 2