The EVH 5150 III HD is a professional all-tube amplifier head that was developed to meet the exacting specifications of Edward Van Halen, one of the true living legends of rock guitar. The 5150III™ amp head's flexible feature set allows creation of tones from clean to crunch to full-out distortion, inspiring limitless artistic expression. Truly roadworthy, EVH® amp heads feature no-compromise construction promising peak performance for years to come. -musiciansfriend

How many of you guys cranked this amp? heard it sing. I mean once i turned this machine past 4 I knew exactly how I was going to spend my next 2 grand.
I haven't cranked it but I played it for the first time a few days ago and was very impressed.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I'll stick with my JCM800 thank you.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
a great amp, but not greatest
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
It's a pretty darn good jack-of-all-trades amp, but it can be bested in each category by more specialized amps. Nevertheless, it is still a wonderful tone machine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
It's a pretty darn good jack-of-all-trades amp, but it can be bested in each category by more specialized amps. Nevertheless, it is still a wonderful tone machine.

Exactly. However if you want versatility it's among the best there is.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Tried it in the soundproof room at GC as loud as I could without being concerned for my ears. It's nice and sounds decent and all, but it's not what I want out of my amp. The mids were too scooped even at 5(I'm a fan of boosted mids), the treble wasn't quite as screaming as I like, and the distortion was much grainier than I wanted. I understand that a lot of people like it, but the "greatest amp ever", if that title is even applicable, needs to work for everyoe in every genre.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Just a little lacking in mids.

Other than that, there are very few amps I'd take over a 5150 III. Some custom brands - Splawn, etc. - and some super high-end stuff would win, but not much beats 5150 III for me.
not by a long shot... it is quite nice tho.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i think it's the best jack of all trades amp, bar none. it bested the JSX and JVM when i tried it, but i didn't get to crank it maybe when i start to play staduims...
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
If I weren't at broke college student status, and had that much extra cash floating around, I just might buy one. Though, I'd probably still rather have a Metro 50w Plexi.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
i wasnt that impressed with it. i think it is the same level as a jsx, personally
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Great amp. not even close to the greatest. it's very versatile though. but IMO the splawn quickrod is a better "brown sound" amp
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
It's a great amp and has some of the best cleans I've heard from a high gain amp. Not the greatest amp by a long shot, but it is a very defined sounding amp, which I love.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'm pretty sure if I had that sorta money I'd buy a Soldano Avenger and a Ampeg VH-140c. I'm sure it's a great amp, but I'm pretty sure I'd be better served with other amps.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The greatest amp is totally relative to your needs, genres, etc. You should of named this thread differently, I hate "is this teh bst amp in the world", threads.

It's a good amp, though. Suits a particular genre more aptly than most amps, and is always priced decently no matter where you live.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
The greatest amp is totally relative to your needs, genres, etc. You should of named this thread differently, I hate "is this teh bst amp in the world", threads.

It's a good amp, though. Suits a particular genre more aptly than most amps, and is always priced decently no matter where you live.

But then it wouldn't be ripping off Colbert. Mind you, to properly compare it to Bush Jr, you'd need a thread called Marshall MG100DFX Great amp or Greatest Amp Ever?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
But then it wouldn't be ripping off Colbert. Mind you, to properly compare it to Bush Jr, you'd need a thread called Marshall MG100DFX Great amp or Greatest Amp Ever?

And one for Obama....

Peavy Vypyr Tube: Good hybrid, or total crap?