Page 1 of 6
pretty amazing work buy one guy! Ben Sharp!

you can download the albums here for free, he promotes the downloading!!!

clicky

Discuss
"We carry death out of the village!"
Thank youu.
Iloves me free musak

Anyway, only listened to a few tracks so far but i'm thinkin oceansize/meshuggah/sikth hybrid. This is good!
Oceansize????? Never heard of them..... If their like this I will get em
Been listening to Cloudkicker for a while now, pretty good stuff from one guy.
I just downloaded The Discovery, and I'm into the second song so far, brilliant.

Where's this guy from?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Ohio i think.

EDIT: http://www.last.fm/music/CLOUDKICKER

I prefer The Map Is Not The Territory. Though i've yet to download his newest one "Portmanteau".

I wonder if he has a contact e-mail so i could perhaps buy a physical copy from him?
Last edited by andyscoot at Aug 11, 2009,
I'll let you know I've asked if can interview him.
Quote by andyscoot
Ohio i think.

EDIT: http://www.last.fm/music/CLOUDKICKER

I prefer The Map Is Not The Territory. Though i've yet to download his newest one "Portmanteau".

I wonder if he has a contact e-mail so i could perhaps buy a physical copy from him?

he doesn't do physical copies

'this album was recorded for a grand total of $0, and is therefore being distributed for free. if you paid money for this you're a sucker.'
Thanks for bumping this Corey, I was just thinking today, that I needed to download more stuff by him. The Discovery is fantastic, I may as well get the rest.

Your stuff isn't half bad by any means, The Apocalypse is great.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I had no idea that there was a new Cloudkicker release. Getting Portmanteau now.

The Discovery is badass. Haven't listened to The Map... much but I remember enjoying it.
Quote by Lappo
he doesn't do physical copies

'this album was recorded for a grand total of $0, and is therefore being distributed for free. if you paid money for this you're a sucker.'

No, but i'd like to buy a copy FROM HIM, while he dosen't want to make money from it, he would also be a sucker to say no to a proper copy of it
from my interview with him, he sounds like he does this as a hobby and nothing else
Quote by Marskell
from my interview with him, he sounds like he does this as a hobby and nothing else

I demand you post your interview with him
Quote by CoreysMonster
that guy's a freaking genius, and puts all of my recordings to shame (see sig)

I feel he does the same to mine
Incredible musician.

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
I really like this, and the fact that it's freegal makes it all the better.

This guy is amazing, and the quality is frickin' awesome for just him at home.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
nabbed the discovery the other day.
TOP bit of tune right there.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

this guy was obviously inspired by Frederik Thordendal's side project, but tbh I find "The Discovery" to be waaaaaaaaaay more awesome than Sol Niger.
No i see comparisons, but I don't think they're that similar, this band reminds me more of Animals As Leaders.
Quote by Scourge441
Except Cloudkicker is better. AAL are cool but they get a little too "All technique, no feeling" at times. Cloudkicker don't.

I agree with you completley.
LOL cloudkicker compared to AAL. weird seeing as there is no where near as much wank
Just downloaded The Discovery and The Map.
Damn awesome stuff, I'm finding it hard to categorise it though.

"Ein Herz von flimmernden Hirngespinsten,
Ohne Halt und ohne Boden.
Feuer des Winters,
Herr der Träume,
Vater aller Türen: Öffne!"
Paysage d'Hiver - Ich schreite
instrumental djent bassically! havent listend to them in ages cause ive been getting more shit but they are still amazing
AAL and Cloudkicker are so different from each other, I don't even see where someone can begin to compare them both. I really like both of them.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Cloudkicker > AAL imo

unless im in a shred mood
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
This stuff is very good. It's very reminiscent of post metal in some instances and he's not exactly doing anything new, but it's still very, very good. I listened to all of his albums back-to-back yesterday during my subway and bus travels.
i have a few partial tabs

i have about 2 min of avalanche guitar pro tabbed out but some of the note values are off. i also added my own little interlude thing to see how it would fit if i ever covered the song
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
not really, what is a FLAC and why is it getting so popular?
whats so good about a Lossless audio? seems to be a bit excessive, and to big a file. Does it auctually sound anything different to the MP3's?

]]][[[ is an awesome release! # and % are such tight tracks!
yes it sounds a thousand times better than mp3sbut people do not use them because of ipods and such.
and yesthis man never fails to amaze me with his releases. all 3 songs are amazing
can you play FLAC in itunes or the such ?
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.