Page 2 of 6
their almost tripple the size... why would you?
"We carry death out of the village!"
sounds better

my preferred format is 320 kbps since i don't have enough storage space for lossless; you can put lossless on iPod, you just need it in ALAC format

some 320 rips that float around are transcodes and/or were encoded with some weird gapless setting or not with LAME/EAC, so I prefer to be safe and download lossless and encode it to 320 myself; not like my internet connection can't handle it, lulz
Last edited by Lappo at Feb 8, 2010,
Quote by Marskell
your a bit slow

it just came out a couple of days ago, how the hell is that slow? It's not like he announced it.
Don't bother with FLAC. It just makes the file huger with a pretty much indiscernable change in quality.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by CoreysMonster
it just came out a couple of days ago, how the hell is that slow? It's not like he announced it.

if you subscribe to his blogs it is like he announced it. cause he did in a blog

either way, $ blows my mind
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by CoreysMonster
HOLY CRAP GUYS NEW CLOUDKICKER ALBUM!!!

*is currently downloading*

WOAH-HOAH! *downloads*

Brilliant, can't wait for this.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by Marskell
New Cloudkicker album! will crit when done!

http://www.box.net/shared/qpnytbjl5s

i posted that 9 days ago, so yeah, you are
"We carry death out of the village!"
Didn't think many people knew about Cloudkicker. Did a quick search, and boom, found you guys. I know it's been said before, but I love this guy's stuff.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
RESURRECTION!
So Beacons...anybody heard anything else about it, aside from it's coming out in September?
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Should be, all his other stuff is. Can't wait
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Just downloaded all his stuff. Listening to The Discovery currently. This stuff is fantastic.

It's awesome, yes indeed, ha. Anyone else dig Ever Thus to Deadbeats as much as I do? I didn't at first, but now it's one of my favorites. I dunno why, though. I guess cause of that polyrhythmic thing that goes on for about half the song, it's nice.
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Haha, I can't believe Cloudkicker is this well known, I have only heard of him because he lives about 20 minutes away from me, and we play similar music. I had no idea he was known outside of Columbus. He definitely deserves it though, the guy is amazing.
http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com/track/beacons
So...a new 5 minute teaser of the rhythm section of a song. No guitars, just drums and bass. Pretty cool.
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
[[ for the first time, soooo go][[[ for the first time, soooo good.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
hey guys, idk if anyone posted this, but I message ben about some of his recording techniques and he sent me this clip to show the mix that he has been working on, anyways here it is. Its an actual clip of the first song that he put on the beacons page that looped for 4 minutes

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7077365/Mix.mp3
That clip's been floating around for a while now...lol
But yes, it's amazing. ONE MORE WEEK!
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
ha, shit. Had no idea. I only posted it one place. Guess people took it upon themselves to pass it around
Quote by severed-metal
Ok, first rendezvous with Cloudkicker, The Discovery, what should I expect?

Some great grooves, and greater atmosphere.

It's really good stuff.

Edit: Though by now you're probably done with it and know this already. Didn't see your post time.
Lol alrighty. I just started listening to it again for the 5th time. 1:30 into Dysphoria as of now.
Quote by severed-metal
Ok, first rendezvous with Cloudkicker, The Discovery, what should I expect?
Intro and first track are kickass but I must confess I haven't heard anything past that despite having the album for months
Quote by Steve08
Intro and first track are kickass but I must confess I haven't heard anything past that despite having the album for months

At the very least get to number 3!

It's so groovy. It's my favorite.
I love Avalanche...opening riff is SO GROOVY IT'S UNBEARABLE.
To Corey- Yes sir, Beacons comes out next Friday. WOOOO
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
I love Avalanche...opening riff is SO GROOVY IT'S UNBEARABLE.
To Corey- Yes sir, Beacons comes out next Friday. WOOOO

Something to listen to on the 5 hour train ride!!
Honestly, The Discovery was such groove induced madness. That's all. I absolutely loved it. One of the first albums in a little while that I enjoyed all the way through.