Page 3 of 6
SO! Another 2 and a half minute track is up on the Bandcamp. Sounds a lot like Hold On at the beginning...
http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com/track/beacons
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Is this new release going to be an EP or an album? He's been through 3 EPs since the last LP* and the number of tracks being presented is hinting on it.

Btw I'm trying to tab out Hold On at the moment, I'm about halfway through. I know Cloudkicker is near impossible to perform live in full and that a tab won't do much other than provide personal knowledge, but it's still something I want to do. Does anyone have partially finished tabs of other works or un-uploaded finished ones?
Last edited by WizMystery at Sep 13, 2010,
It's gonna have 7 songs, so...I guess it's an LP.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
It's gonna have 7 songs, so...I guess it's an LP.

Well that's good news

I just noticed I said FP instead of LP. What the hell's an FP?
Indeed it is
...I was just wondering that
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
only 7 tracks? where did you hear this? also, the release date says the 16th on the bandcamp now instead of the 17th
Quote by guitarplaya18
only 7 tracks? where did you hear this? also, the release date says the 16th on the bandcamp now instead of the 17th

I just came to say that haha
7 tracks- Some guys on the SMN forums were emailing him about his drum eqs or something, so he sent out a template...thing...and it kept referencing 7, so they figured there were 7 songs.
So....it's not official by any means, but it's possible/probable.
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Yay, a day earlier!

I'm like... more psyched for this album than any other album I've waited for for some reason. All the updates we're getting is making it seem so good!
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
I just came to say that haha
7 tracks- Some guys on the SMN forums were emailing him about his drum eqs or something, so he sent out a template...thing...and it kept referencing 7, so they figured there were 7 songs.
So....it's not official by any means, but it's possible/probable.

yeah guitarplaya18(?) i think was doing that.
ha yea i post there under the same name. I messaged him about some his recording methods and he sent me two song clips, the one on dropbox that everyone has been spreading around and the same clip with just the drums. It was titled "seven" so i figured that was the name of that particular song. Since it popped up on logic templates, i figured that was just the song he had opened up when he exported the temps. So it makes more sense to me that the song is called seven rather than there being 7 tracks.
Aaahhh that was you...ok,
Yeah, true. I have no idea how many there are then lol
Who else is staying up till midnight to see if he ups it then?
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
Aaahhh that was you...ok,
Yeah, true. I have no idea how many there are then lol
Who else is staying up till midnight to see if he ups it then?

[[ albums? If so is it free, and where do I get it][[[ albums? If so is it free, and where do I get it???

I really hope so, I'm so PUMPED OH MY GOD

EDIT:
UUhhh...there's The Map Is Not The Territory, and Portmanteau. Both are available on his bandcamp page for free IN HIGH QUALITIES!!

EDIT 2: I highly suggest his ambient side project thing, it's wonderful. The myspace for that is musicistight
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Sep 16, 2010,
yeah. he has The Map, and Port. you should be able to download them off of his download site. also he has another project called B.M. Sharp which is not as heavy
Quote by Unourrit01
just thought of something. he lives in ohio which means it will be out at 1

......FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
If at all, eh? Well I guess I could go play Reach for an hour, hahah
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by UntoExistence
such fanboyism...i might have to see if it's well warranted...

i was really shocked when i first saw how many fans he really had.
Quote by UntoExistence

It is. Get The Discovery
Quote by UntoExistence

It'll seem really repetitive at first, but once you get warmed up to it it's awesome. IMO..
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
[[, any of the ep's actually. All of it is really ****ing good tho][[[, any of the ep's actually. All of it is really ****ing good though
This man is so much better than every other person who writes this sort of stuff it's ridiculous.

Excited for tonight
Hazzuh, it's up.

I bought my self a copy, it's being released on CD this time too.

(yes,you can still get a digital download for free as always)

Edit:

Marshall, you may want to edit this: http://cloudkicker.bandcamp.com/ into the OP seeing as he's moved here now
Last edited by Deplorable at Sep 16, 2010,
OOO!! 10 tracks! Hell yes, DL'ing now. Will listen for the rest of the day haha
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Gah, it's almost midnight here, my net's being really slow and I need to get up at 6 tomorrow.

Really want to listen now, but I'm probably going to have to wait until the morning.
haha, finally it's an album you can actually pay for

EDIT: you bought the physical copy? for 10$, might just do that if I like it yay for lossless format.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Sep 16, 2010,
3.5 tracks into the new album.

I really like it, but it's definitely a different feel than The Discovery. It seems less groove oriented.

Still kicks massive amounts of ass though.
It's a LOT different from The Discovery. Less djent based, I think, more riffs and stuff. Chill bits are awesome.
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I...kind of did. But I don't have a paypal account and...eh....
So everyone knows that bald headed guy that always shows up when googling Cloudkicker, right? Turns out, that isn't him. THIS is him- http://www.toontrack.com/artists.asp?id=92
Not what I was expecting at all
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
listening to it for the first time. I expect nothing but awesomeness.
Anyone else get the impression Ben's been practicing his chops?

EDIT: I'm at work right now, and "we're going in, we're going down" literally had me drop everything and just stare vacantly into the air for about 2 minutes.

Holy fucking ballshit, this guy is amazing.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 17, 2010,