I would recommend using a 12-52 set to handle the tuning. Adjust the truss rod as you would on any tuning, making sure the neck has the right bow and everything. I suggest blocking your bridge at the correct angle before tuning it. When the strings are in tune, lock the nut and take out the block, then adjust the bridge's angle to it's correct angle again and it'll be in tune.
Not sure about truss rod adjustments, but I think .12's should be okay
I use .11's for D standard, so I think .12's should work well for C Standard
a set of 12s will do you good for that tuning. and you may need a truss rod adjustment...i cant quite remember if the downtuning offsets the gauge tension enough
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Amer91
I would recommend using a 12-52 set to handle the tuning. Adjust the truss rod as you would on any tuning, making sure the neck has the right bow and everything. I suggest blocking your bridge at the correct angle before tuning it. When the strings are in tune, lock the nut and take out the block, then adjust the bridge's angle to it's correct angle again and it'll be in tune.

Ok thanks.

I have experience doing all of the above but I have never adjusted a truss rod before
If you have no experience with truss rod adjustment, I'd recommend getting a pro to do it for you. Make him to it in front of you if you want to do it yourself in future by all means, but you can seriously bugger up a neck if you get it wrong.
Quote by webbtje
If you have no experience with truss rod adjustment, I'd recommend getting a pro to do it for you. Make him to it in front of you if you want to do it yourself in future by all means, but you can seriously bugger up a neck if you get it wrong.

Ok cool, so it it absolutely vital that I ajdust the truss rod or will it be ok if I leave it as it is, because I'd prefer to taking it to a pro to set up
Check if the truss rod needs any adjustment. Put a capo the first fret (if you don't have one, you can just fret the first fret), and fret the last fret on the low E-string. Then measure the distance between the seventh fret and the string while it's fretted on the first and last fret. The distance should be between 0.1 or 0.3 ml, so place a pick of that thickness on that fret. If the string is higher, tighten the truss rod. If it's lower, loosen the rod. Make sure you only turn the truss rod a quarter of a turn each time, not more or you might damage the neck. Less is more precise.
Go with .12's for strings, and a truss rod adjustment will probably be needed.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I use C-Standard tuning with a 12-54 set and they feel kinda loose, approx. like a 9-42 set would feel in Eb tuning.
Iommi handled C# tuning with a set of 9s.

10s are perfectly ok for this tuning providing you have control of your vibrato and good pick technique, you can use the light guage to your advantage by getting some really silly bends.

But why play in C when you can use Z A A G D B?

http://www.playthisriff.com/public/274.cfm
Quote by tossom
Iommi handled C# tuning with a set of 9s.

10s are perfectly ok for this tuning providing you have control of your vibrato and good pick technique, you can use the light guage to your advantage by getting some really silly bends.

But why play in C when you can use Z A A G D B?

http://www.playthisriff.com/public/274.cfm

most br00tal tuning ever?
^
Torche

Catch them live if you can! Really fun guys, always a good gig.
.12 might be a bit much tension...for me anyways.

I would use .11's and a truss rod adjustment would not be needed.

For what its worth I use 10-52 strings on my RG with a floyde and I tune to drop c and the strings are not loose at all.

The great thing about floydes is you can adjust the spring tension to make up for the strings tension, so it pretty much will feel like a guitar in standard tunning.
1. High gauge strings. Personally I'd say .12's or .13's.
2. Setting everything up anew if you jump up, especially to .13's.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39