ok ive got an Epiphone les paul standard Heritage Cherry plus top (<--yes that DOES matter) ok i want to know if you guys think would look better without a pickguard, which i have in creme color. also, if you please, give some reasons as to why it might be unpractical to keep it on for playing reasons. sorry but my cameras having trouble so i cant post comparicon picks so try and use ur imagination. anything else you want to know about the guitar feel free to ask thanks.- Mrfussytabs
Being a Bass player is pretty LOW i.m.o...
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
(coming soon) hand built superstrat style.
(coming soon) hand built mahogany spruce top acoustic.
Fender Mustang I 20w
Line 6 FLoor POD (standard)
I personally like the pickguards on LPs, but to be honest, it doesn't affect playing or anything like that, it's really just there for looks. If you like it, leave it on. If you don't take it off. It's not like you can't put it back on once it's off.

Just remember to put the screws back in the holes so you don't lose them.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
it will leave little screw holes in your top when you take it off - other than that there are no practical issues, just personal taste.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
i love LP pickguards....its purely esthetic realy...i say keep em
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
i like the lp pickguard, but i would take it of, looks cooler, and the finish on the lp is more exiting than black or white plastic
I vote for taking it off, you probably won't be scratching the finish with your pick or fingernails anyway.

If anything, taking it off will give your fingers more space.
Yeah it's just whatever you want. I personally dislike pickguards in general so I say off with it, but that's just me.
dam im torn mor posts plox!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
Fender Mustang I 20w
Quote by doive
it will leave little screw holes in your top when you take it off - other than that there are no practical issues, just personal taste.

lol i would just leave the screws in though .
My Gear:
squier strat HSS
Fender Mustang I 20w