If this is spam please tell me and I'll delete it.

Ok, so I was looking round the B&Q near me at tools and they had alot of router bits (boxed) for a pound each. I don't have a router yet and thought for a pound they were were too good to pass up on. So I bought a load and got home. They're freud pro bits. I put them in google and each one costs about £26 and I only paid one pound. So for everyone in the UK looking for router bits, head down to your local B&Q and see if they have any.

Here is a pic of a few
dang. why would router bits cost so much?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I mean he bought them for 1/26th of the online price. The store has to have made profit or if it was on sale, at least broken even. That means that anybody can sell them for that cheap or around that price, and the online store sells it for a lot more.
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Ah, so you mean "Why would router bits cost so little?"...

Well, sometimes stores will take a hit in the hope that getting people in the store will make them buy other stuff while they're there, and increase the customer base in the long run.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Ah, so you mean "Why would router bits cost so little?"...

Well, sometimes stores will take a hit in the hope that getting people in the store will make them buy other stuff while they're there, and increase the customer base in the long run.

ah like when best buy sells cd's for like $8.00 each in the hopes that people will buy bigger things.

I actually meant, why would an online store sell them for 26 times more than a regular shop when the shop probably makes a profit?
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Its called a 'loss leader'

How ever it could just be that B&Q are no longer stocking this product (£26 per router bit may be too expensive for the average B&Q customer) and so they are clearing stock.

B&Q buy so much they will get a good deal on stuff, how ever not such a deal that would allow them to break even selling a £26 for £1 so they must just be taking a hit.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Its called a 'loss leader'

How ever it could just be that B&Q are no longer stocking this product (£26 per router bit may be too expensive for the average B&Q customer) and so they are clearing stock.

B&Q buy so much they will get a good deal on stuff, how ever not such a deal that would allow them to break even selling a £26 for £1 so they must just be taking a hit.

My money is on them shifting old stock that's no longer part of their merchandising plans.

It could be stock that they've had for so long that it no longer really holds value to the company. At the supermarket I used to work at part-time, we used to sell wine stock that had been in our lock-up for years at a fraction of the original RRP.