I'd like to know where i can ask advice about amplifiers for voice (the lead singer of my band needs one).

I stared at the forum for a while, reading the description of every section, but i don't think this fits any category... And usually i get good gear advice here in UG, so...

Where can i ask for advice on this particular question?
Thanks y'all!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
as far as i know, there is no specified forum, but i have seen threads on the subject go well in the GG&A forum, the Bandleading forum, and even the pit. So, take your pick?
Are you asking about a PA?
If so, your question would belong in R&R.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Are you asking about a PA?
If so, your question would belong in R&R.

No, i'm asking about a direct voice amp (like Laney's Audiohub series).

Since everyone in the band has nice amps for their instruments, we don't really need a PA... We figured that the best investment would be the lead singer buying her own amplifier.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
If I were you I'd post in the Bandleading forum, or even Guitar Gear and Accessories.

In my opinion, if you're serious as a band, I'd invest in a PA system. The way I look at it is that if you're doing bigger gigs then the PA system will be provided for the vocals and the backline, but if you're putting on your own gigs then a PA system will accomodate a much wider range of volumes than an individual vocal amp would. I've never seen much call for vocal amps, aside from vocalists who use particular amps for certain kinds of sounds / effects on their vocals (and they've mainly been used in-studio for recordings like, as a obvious example, The Strokes)

Hope that helped!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Last edited by Yakult at Aug 12, 2009,