Hiya

I just won a used Digitech RP-500 off eBay.

I wonder how it's going to sound through the Blues Jr, knowing it does not have an effects loop?

Do you think i'll be better off using it into the effects return of my Bandit 112 Transtube?

'Tubes
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
i dont like what my digitech RP200 does to my tone on my AC30, and havent tried it on my blackstar, so you might want to bare it in mind!
it should be fine if you are using a clean tone on your BJ, and also better if you use the RP500 for distortion if it is before the amp!
Sure, it does, you can globally disable amp/cabinet modeling. But i'm really impatient to test the numerous amp models... so I guess i'll just run it through my Bandit's power amp stage.

I keep hearing good things about the RP-500... can't wait to play with it.
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
My POD likes the blues junior, hates my 110 transtube.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Well I have an RP250 that I ran through my effects loop on my Rev Jr. and I found even with the amp bypassing it still effected the tone in a way I did not like. I was just trying to use it for OD and chorus and found that it just didn't produce the results I was looking for. It might just not agree with the distortion chanel though. However, running my RP250 into a pair of headphones is still great.