I just got a Schecter C-1 Blood Moon that I had been saving up for for ages. About five minutes ago, thanks to my crappy strap, it fell face down on my room's hardwood floor. My cable was ruined, but everything else seemed to be okay, and after tuning it again it was as if nothing happened. However, I still want to know if there is anything I should check to make sure everything is all right.
dont blame the strap blame you, generally if you put your guitar on and if the strap has swung upisde down that strap is just going to come off under any pressure or tension, make sure u check that the strap is facing the right why

now onto checking, well check the wood for any dents scratches or anything

guitars are very durable and generally it shouldnt have any drama after (1) drop
Make sure all your hardware is still ok. All the electronics are still working.

How is your cable ruined?

edit: maybe it's time to invest in some strap locks
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Aug 11, 2009,
Should be fine man, same thing happened to me when I was using my brothers guitar. Aside from a chip in the paint it was fine. He was ****ing pissed but the guitar was otherwise unharmed.
I had that happen to an acoustic one time. It hit the floor face down right at the headstock. I would keep an eye on the back of the neck because I had mine fracture from top to bottom about 4 inches. It did not really affect the playability but certainly sucked. I thought it would have snapped the neck in two but it did the opposite and split the other way. I think the tension of the strings pulling in the opposite direction saved it.
You have a nicer guitar than my old yamaha f310 that I dropped so you would have nicer hard wood and hopefully you got lucky man.
Quote by Koshman32

How is your cable ruined?

Before landing face down the part of the cable just outside of the output jack hit the ground, and the weight of the guitar pretty much tore it. I know I'm probably not making much sense because it's hard to describe with words.
you may wanna buy some straplocks those help alot
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
does the input jack work still?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Either a way better strap, or strap-locks. Go strap locks.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
i removed nut and the cloth washer from my guitar and put the strap > cloth Washer > nut back on in that fashion. its very secure and wont have the flipped strap issue anymore. i feel much more secure about my guitar now
Look at the neck joint. Is it a bolt on, a neck through or a set neck? I dropped my Tele several times (Not on purpose) And now there are cracks in the finish around the neck joint. I'm pretty sure the cracks don't penetrate into the wood but I regret dropping my guitar. Boy strap locks and locking straps and keep your guitar on a stand when you're not playing it to avoid dropping it. Also, Make sure you don't buy anything made out of vinyl because that dissolved lacquer finishes.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Be grateful it wasn't dropped on your brick-paved driveway.
>