After messing around with my guitar, I got the idea of alternate picking pinch harmonics using the thumb to pinch on the downstrokes and the index finger for the upstrokes.

After about 15 minutes, I think I've got it. Unfortunately, it sounds crap. Really crap, and therefore 'useless'. However, I'm wondering if there are any songs out there which uses this, or if anyone has tips on 'ways' to make it sound decent, because quite frankly I'm heavily disappointed and thinking there's a slight possibility that perhaps I'm just doing it sloppy.

Cheers.

Edit: I mean with 'fast' picking
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
normally pinch harmonics are used as a longer note value not in quick succesion, but experimenting is the key unfortunately i cant think of a song that features this, or any tips other that slow it down a precise the technique before moving up in tempo.
An Autopsy by The Faceless. There's a riff in there which I think would be best played with it, first comes in around 0.45.
Main riff for Cemetary Gates by Pantera features a fair few pinch harmonics. Its not really alt picking though
Still awesome pinch harmonics though... xD
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule