how to recreate the sound of the harmonic that matt bellamy does in the hammer on riff because he gets to 3p-0-0-0 then makes it squeal in most live riffs but i'm finding it difficult to do this any help would be appreciated
Last edited by ISwanton at Aug 11, 2009,
i have tried that but unfortunatley i didnt quite get the result anyway i was looking for but thanks so i thought i might try on ultimate guitar as the are more players on here
rest your finger lightly in between the 2nd and 3rd fret of the bottom E string. Not on top of the 3rd fret

in the HAARP version he finishes that small section by doing the exact same thing on the A string and gives it a vibrato with his whammy.

A|----------------------------3*~---|
E|-3p0-0-3*--3p0-3-3*----------|

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
do you use pinch harmonics with that?

Quote by sloppyjoe24
rest your finger lightly in between the 2nd and 3rd fret of the bottom E string. Not on top of the 3rd fret

in the HAARP version he finishes that small section by doing the exact same thing on the A string and gives it a vibrato with his whammy.

A|----------------------------3*~---|
E|-3p0-0-3*--3p0-3-3*----------|
no, they're just natural harmonics. Harmonics with your finger in between the two frets will create an entirely different note as oppose to setting your finger right on top of the fret.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24